Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this 2002 RG back in June of this year. I took a 6 hour trip from Boston to NJ after finding her by mistake on cragslist :)

Here's the bike as purchased.

The first thing I git rid of was the huge couch like Mustang Touring Seat

Next step was installing a new radio. I went with the Sony Ipod Head deck, Biketronics Install kit with Titan Hertz 6.5" Speakers powered by a Rockford Fosgate 300x2 amp.

Added some Willie G accessories

Next thing was installing some Yaffe Monkey Bars. The amazing thing is when these are laid out next to the stock bars they hardley look much larger but when there on the bike there is a huge difference!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I didn't like the huge blinker bar or the space between the bags and fenders so I installed a cyclevision eliminator and added some color match fillers.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Though I liked that look much better than stock It still wanted to change it up and toyed with installing a Bad Dad wide rear fender. The fender fit so poorly that idea was tossed out.

So I picked up a SG Rear facsia and made some custom directional housing 3 watt red LED's with clear lenses. My buddy is a body guy so I had him weld up all the holes in the stock rear fender and ended up with this :)

Tail Light OPeration Video

http://youtu.be/HUwZxjjfw-Q

Video Above

Video Above

Video Above

·
Registered
332 Posts
Beautiful bike !!!! Love the rear fender !!!!!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Nice looking ride! +1 on the rear fender/light mods!

·
Super Moderator
12,314 Posts
Nice, what LED's are you using in the bottom of the fender?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice, what LED's are you using in the bottom of the fender?
EBay do a search on

Street Glide Tri-Bar LED Tail Brake Turn Signal Light Taillight FLHX Tri Bar

Seller name is Fishman260

Awesome deal at $59 delivered.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A Couple things I forgot to add

Custom made rear licesnse plate bar Spike filler made from 6al-4V Titanium then polished.

Custom Made Shifter Pegs out of 6al-4v Titanium

·
Registered
472 Posts
Though I liked that look much better than stock It still wanted to change it up and toyed with installing a Bad Dad wide rear fender. The fender fit so poorly that idea was tossed out.

So I picked up a SG Rear facsia and made some custom directional housing 3 watt red LED's with clear lenses. My buddy is a body guy so I had him weld up all the holes in the stock rear fender and ended up with this :)

Tail Light OPeration Video

http://youtu.be/HUwZxjjfw-Q

Video Above

Video Above

Video Above
Sorry friend, but that rear fender does not do anything for me. But I love the rest!!! Thanks for sharing. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts