Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 RG build Slow Process

After riding my 2008 Nightster for a year and doing multiple trips with my wifeand I on it I decided its time to get a bagger. After talking with MANY dealers and other bagger owners I decided to go with the Road Glide.

I looked at many different ones but most of them were WAY to high mileage for what I was looking for. After looking at a 2009 RG FLTR and the salesman just ignoring everthing I said I hopped on the net and found this one. Went and looked at it heard it run and struck the deal. They had 16999 on it and. Got them to 13870.

2007 FLTR RG
12239 miles (when I purchased it)
Pewter Pearl
96 cu in
6 speed
SE race tuner
SE head pipe
SE Slip ons
SE Stage 1 A/C
HK advanced audio
Red LEDs around the motor and in the front fender
HD chrome bag latches
HD soft grips
HD short backrest
HD sundowner 2 up seat

Things I've added:
HD Willie G skull chrome gas cap cover
HD Willie G skull chrome derby cover
HD Willie G skull chrome timer cover
HD Willie G skull chrome front axle covers
HD Willie G skull chrome pass. floorboard covers
HD Willie G skull radio trim cover
HD Willie G skull shifter pegs
HD smoked signal covers
HD bag mount power port (for the wife)
Boom! Audio Speakers
12" Wild1 Outlawz Chrome
Kuryakyn smoked laydown taillight

Things I want to do:
103" kit
SE 255 cams
Trike Trees
23/16 wheel combo
Progressive Monotubes
DIY Air ride
Color matched inner fairing
Custom Exhaust (Built by me)
4" extended bags
Extended fender with integrated filler panels (built by me)

Pics when I got it:

Takin it home:

Ill get current pics as soon as it gets nice again haha

·
Registered
490 Posts
Careful V, if you spend too much time on here it WILL cost a lot. I blame these guys for most of my winter spending spree !

Bike looks good, keep the pics comin

Peace

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,319 Posts
Careful V, if you spend too much time on here it WILL cost a lot. I blame these guys for most of my winter spending spree !

Bike looks good, keep the pics comin

Peace
Always blaming someone else :rolleyes: LMAO

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
02Heritage, yea I like and have been thinking about painting the inner fairing. Your pic has pushed me to do it. I am worried if I went 18 front and rear that the height of the bike would look goofy. I want to use monotubes up front to drop it and inch when I install the wheels on this.

I finally did the apes and can say the make the biggest of differences. The comfortability is amazing and there's still complete control and handling.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I am only running the 18" on the front. Stayed with the 16 inch in the rear, although I did match. I did not lower the front but sometimes wondered if I should have. I am looking for a rear fender now myself.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh ok that's what I'm wanting to do but want to bring it down a little. I like the slammed look on these bikes. I'm looking into adding some type of skirt to lengthen the stock fender since we don't get the fancy schmancy lighted skirt haha

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welp decided it was time to finish the lighting up. I got tired of the fugly red taillight lens sticking out like a sore thumb so I bought the smoked kuryakyn taillight and installed it. ive gotten several compliments on it now and i love it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I have the part numbers for all the parts to install the tri bar rear fascia so I'm going to order that soon and get it on. Will make the rear of the bike more attractive along with the 150 rear tire I'm going to do.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pulled the Inner fairing off and disassembled it to get it cleaned and prepped for paint. Riding seasons done here anyways so what better time.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Haven't seen many Road Glides in pewter before. You got it looking great!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts