Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a few things, just want to keep track & share

Previous mods:
Engine mods:107" build, Rosas Heads, TW5-6 cams,Thunderheader X pipe 2-1, K&n intake etc. 116.9 HP/136.1 TQ

Rocker XX speakers w 2 Ch amp
HD iPod interface,
chubby 18" black apes
Avon air cushion black grips
HD Buckshot black mirrors
HD black levers
RJ's heat deflectors
Tall Boy cycles floorboard relocation
Kuryakyn 1" out/1" forward bracket powder coated black
Walters workshop extended shifter with pingel peg extender
Softbrake+2 extended brake lever
Custom Dynamics front w dynamic rings & rear turn signals
HD tribar upgrade with brake function
Dual LED strip halo ring mod & Fuelmoto LED bulbs
One of my favorite mods I did over a year ago is glove box lights, can't imagine not having them.

Recent mods:
Jackpot contrast cut 21" wheel & matching floating rotors
Progressive monotube -1 front suspension
Supershox rear
Powder coated black front forks
Klockwerks lower fork axel cap black & flushmount axle
Powder coated caliper screens & black chrome bolts
Black powder coated engine guard
Other powder coated parts: rider & passenger floorboards, shifter, brake , dash etc. but then decided to get a different dash
Klockwerks metal dash w flush mount pop up gas cap
Dirty Bird Sinister fairing support bracket
Dirty Bird Sinister side covers
Dirty Bird Sinister extended bags
Milwaukee bagger fender extension modded for tribar light
Inner speaker mod
Biketronics BT 4180 4-ch amp
Biketronics 7.1 pro front speakers
Hogtunes lids with Biketronics Titan 6x9 rear
Sent radio to iron cross for pre amps & blue tooth that I'll rarely use because of iPod/iPhone interface.
Might be some other minor stuff I can't think of

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A while back I was talking with Nick from Milwaukee bagger and was trying to convince him to make a fender extension with tribar (before ness made one) he tried modding ones he had and was not happy with the way they came out without doing a ton of body work due to the curve difference and would said he might try to come out with one down the road. He did say others have cut his and have worked in HD's fender extension so I ended up ordering one with 2-1 cut out. (ness only has for dual cut out as of now). Then ordered up a HD stock unpainted extension off eBay, didn't want to cut my stock one as I was still riding bike :) cut tribar section out and cut out a portion of MB extension & mounted it up with a couple of bolts that I countersunk for extra support before doing body work

Attachments

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
somehow I'm not able to load more then one pic at a time right now. So I painted & mounted extension up with unfinished sinister bags I got. Sinister bags come solid so you can cut your own opening to the size of your exhaust for a clean look. But after mounting it up I decided to go a different route and did some more body work to this friggen extension & filled in cut out :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was gonna have my local painter paint the bags , side covers etc but he's kinda swamped so we put it off till winter and till then I figured I'd at least prep and shoot items with some paint so can ride it. Sinister bags are nice but require prep work for sure. I left the bags solid & decided to mod exhaust instead. Cone on TH is tack welded, cut off welds and welded on elbow bend I made up so it's hidden & clears the bags

Attachments

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
while front end and bunch of other stuff was out for powder coat & waiting on wheel I found more stuff I ordered up , hidden fairing mount, Biketronics audio etc. took inner fairing off to mount bracket and figured while it's off why not do inner speaker mod. Got yaffe template from a member , thank you William

Attachments

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wheel , powder coated parts & suspension came in. Put forks & monotubes in, put wheel , flush mount axle and new black chrome bolts etc

Attachments

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got everything back together & hooked up speaker lids, stock lids are back on temporary while I have to work on hogtunes lids a bit. This is what she looks like for now. Pic is with unpainted primed only speaker lids

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts