Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally just now posting pictures from my solo ride this past summer. The title of this trip was Bike, Baseball and Beer. The main objective of the trip was to end up in Cooperstown NY to see one of my favorite ball players as a kid inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame, Barry Larkin. On the way I wanted to tour Sam Adams Brewery, Magic Hat Brewery and Yuengling Brewery, as well as see Fenway Park and Yankee Stadium. It was a great trip with great scenery as I rode from Columbus Ohio across Pennsylvania into New York, up the coast through Boston into Maine back south through New Hampshire/Vermont and into Cooperstown. I could tell you many stories including one where I lost my wallet in New Hampshire but got back 4 hours later...thanks to a man with integrity. But instead, here are the pictures.

Total Miles: Shit I forget but in the neighborhood of 2,300 in 5 days of actual riding. I spent 3 days in Cooperstown. Longest day was when I rode back, Cooperstown back to Columbus. About 600 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I did Cooperstown several years ago when Cal Ripken Jr. was inducted. That was quite an experience. I'd like to go back sometime to actually see the Hall of Fame. It was too crowded during the ceremony to enjoy it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'm not a baseball guy, but if anyone is ever in the Cooperstown area again, I can take you on some nice scenic back roads. There are also a few local breweries in Cooperstown area, plus the Saranac brewery in Utica. I can even put someone up for the night if need be.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not a baseball guy, but if anyone is ever in the Cooperstown area again, I can take you on some nice scenic back roads. There are also a few local breweries in Cooperstown area, plus the Saranac brewery in Utica. I can even put someone up for the night if need be.
I wanted to tour the brewery right down, 28? I think, from cooperstown but didn't get the chance. Like I said, I've been there a few times and plan to make the ride back sometime. Who knows when. We'll have to meet up, the road coming in that ran next to the lake north of town was really pretty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts