Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I don't know I haven't ridden it yet . Thanks for the reply , there's a chance it isn't messed up then =>
Ah, just got it? Yes. The abs light flashes and as soon as you start moving it goes out. So I'll bet you don't have any issues. And if your weather is getting shitty again like ours it will be a few weeks before you can test the theory.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
A lot of new bikes (if not all) with ABS will flash until you have started moving and gone a set distance/speed. It's basically the ABS running a systems test to ensure everything is working. If you keep riding and it doesn't go out, then you should get it looked at.

Funny story. A friend of mine bought his first BMW from a private party sale and really didn't know a lot about them. When he first got it the abs light would flash all the time and he had no idea why, so he scheduled a service at the BMW dealership to have it looked at. $200-300 bucks later he gets it back and they said they flushed the system and yada yada. He rides it and the light still comes on. Then he reads his manual and sees that the ABS system will flash until he's gone X miles at over X speed. He never had a chance to do that initially because he was riding from the sellers house to his (not far away) in heavy traffic. We all laughed at him and he learned an important lesson about crooked dealerships.

·
Registered
442 Posts
If you haven't already, you might check out the Owner tab on the Harley website. It will take you to the owner's manual for your bike. You'll want to familiarize yourself with the various systems on your bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
it does not really mean anything is just disengaged, once you start moving it will stop flashing, I believe it stops after you have hit 10 mph. don't worry, it's normal

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yes, the owner's manual. I still have to refer to it now and then. Especially over electronic protocols. I remember having to check on this very same issue when I first got the bike. There is a wealth of info there like "why does the motor start missing a cylinder when I am idling and it is 100 degrees out"? Have fun with your new scooter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts