Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AMP / Speaker Update after Install

First, I do not have any connection with any of the manufactures I will be discussing. The following is my opinion and I respect other opinions who may be different.

I am using the Hawg Wired RS400 AMP ordered from V-Twin Audio (plug and play with their wiring package) and the HRRK-XX 6.65 direct replacement speakers from J&M. I have had the speakers installed about 8 weeks and the AMP installed about 3 weeks.

I still have the stock 8" windshield on the bike, but getting the Windvest 12" tomorrow. The speakers were an improvement over stock and really came to life after the AMP install, which was expected. Wearing a 1/2 helmet and ear plugs, I spent a few days riding at highway speeds and adjusting the gain/freq on the AMP.

The AMP adjustment I settled on was about the 9 o'clock position on the gain and about the 12 o'clock position on the freq. I get good volume at those setting and a pretty clear sound from just the fairing speakers at the upper range of the volume, automatic volume control off.

I would think after getting the Windvest mounted, I should be able to hear the setup even better. I am very happy with the customer service I received from V-Twin Audio getting everything I needed and sent out. I also talked with J&M a few times to ensure I wanted their speakers and am happy with what I ordered and the time they took to answer my questions.

Thanks

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'm glad it worked and you found a combination that you like. I haven't heard a lot about the hawg-wired equipment so always interesting for me to get new perspective. The 12" shield should help, good luck and let us know what you think of it long term.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Good deal, Nothing better (well only a few things better) than good, loud music when riding your bike!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts