Road Glide banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I wanted to share my audio improvements for those who are interested.

I have a 15 RG and with the help of others here, here is a list of what I have done.

First I added the RG package speakers in the upper fairing from BT, they are the Titan II 6.5's. Also a SS pn4.520 amp and a magic box line converter. I was running this for about 2 weeks with the amp on Full range. It was pretty good but still not what I wanted.

Then I added a set of lowers with Polk Audio db 651's 60w version and set the amp to high pass for both channels, set the gains by ear one channel at a time.

Now we're cooking with gas!!!!:grin:

What a huge difference, sound is loud and clear and I can add base as needed for different types of music.

Just need to get the lowers painted now and the audio portion is done.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I plan to do a small audio upgrade to my RGS. Trying I have everything accept for the amp and wire harness. Looking for a 4 channel amp
That can fit in the fairing. I heard about Diamond Micro and Arc audio 600.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I had to install it upside down under the radio and use 90 degree RCA plugs to fit it. I think you have more room than the 15's.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
I had to install it upside down under the radio and use 90 degree RCA plugs to fit it. I think you have more room than the 15's.
Whats that plastic wrap around the amp ? Aren't you worried about over heating the amp ?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whats that plastic wrap around the amp ? Aren't you worried about over heating the amp ?
I was test fitting at that time, didn't want to scratch it in case I had to return it. It's Sound Stream PN4.520, lot's of others using it. It's a tight fit under there but it fits. You will have to remove the radio to get it in there, and I also loosen the two bolts holding the main face of the fairing to get it in there then re tighten them. They are 2 just next to the gauges. Also there are some ribs on the back side of the radio face plate that would hit, I just ground them off, no big deal. And it's ok to run this amp upside down per the manual.

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
I was test fitting at that time, didn't want to scratch it in case I had to return it. It's Sound Stream PN4.520, lot's of others using it. It's a tight fit under there but it fits. You will have to remove the radio to get it in there, and I also loosen the two bolts holding the main face of the fairing to get it in there then re tighten them. They are 2 just next to the gauges. Also there are some ribs on the back side of the radio face plate that would hit, I just ground them off, no big deal. And it's ok to run this amp upside down per the manual.
Great amp. Same one I got in my bike.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a fosgate 300x2 that I took out of my streetglide. Hopefully, I can mount it somewhere with industrial velcro. I like the idea of the box, if it truly works versus trying to get the dealer to flash it as recommends by jmjohn.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a fosgate 300x2 that I took out of my streetglide. Hopefully, I can mount it somewhere with industrial velcro. I like the idea of the box, if it truly works versus trying to get the dealer to flash it as recommends by jmjohn.

You don't have to use a line converter if the amp has high level in-puts. The line converter changes the signal to RCA levels. It is supposed to help with distortion and give the in-put to the amp a cleaner signal.

When I heard about this magic box I was a little confused too didn't know it was a line converter. I think it was DOZER who recommended it (thanks).

I'm sure a any good line converter will work as with anything these days you get what you pay for.

I use a much better one in my truck but it's way to big to fit on the bike.

The magic box is compact and has the factory type connectors, so no splicing/cutting wires. It's just a little pricey! I think shipped it was like $89.00, a little much considering the one in my truck was $159.00 and it can do way more.

Anyway for the peace of mind and not cutting wires I went with it.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.