Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to create a PDF of the trip so I could email to some friends / family members. This meant really limiting the number of photos and condensing them for space. Let me know if you all can read this clearly. If not, I will create a full trip report when I have some extra time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,296 Posts
The link worked fine. How is that 300 for power? My girlfriend has a KL250G Super Sherpa, good for her but too anemic for me. Thought of a KLX650 but a little more to throw around.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The link worked fine. How is that 300 for power? My girlfriend has a KL250G Super Sherpa, good for her but too anemic for me. Thought of a KLX650 but a little more to throw around.
The SM is set up for the street. Different gearing, different suspension settings, and better brakes than the dual sport model. Plenty of power up to 60 as long as you are willing to let it wind out above 8 grand. Will hold a true 75 mph with me on it. Top speed in the 80s. Most report Zero to sixty in under 7 seconds which is respectable considering muscle cars back in the day could barely do that. It will keep ahead of traffic as long as someone isn’t trying to race you in their corvette. All that and 300 lbs is what sold me on it.

if you don’t mind carbs you could look at the Suzuki DRZ400S and SM.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Greats pics of your adventure(s),,,,Thanks for sharing

·
Super Moderator
10,289 Posts
Great Photos David!
Thanks for sharing with All of Us
Mike U.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts