Road Glide banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Damn! Hate that for you brother! Hoping for justice... and that they give you a few minutes with him "behind the wood shed!"

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
WOW!! What a kick in the balls... This is my worst fear when traveling to wake up and fined the bike gone.. This is also why I have a Siren alarm may not of stopped them but maybe would of got some ones attention and a description of vehicle involved.. Hopefully the scumbags get caught and your insurance cuts you a check fast... Has there been other bike thefts in your area?

·
Registered
711 Posts
thursday night someone stole my 2018 road glide special.

I have insurance etc and am covered.

just pretty bummed out.
damn dude sorry to hear this happened in mesquite, i grew up in north mesquite but haven't lived there since i went to bootcamp in '71, used to be a nice place to live, rode my motorcycle to old mesquite highschool everyday was 5miles of farmland between north and old mesquite, not anymore. had my second bike stolen from the highschool parking lot next to the fieldhouse, yamaha DT-250 enduro in '68 during school, school superintendents secretary watched 3 men pic it up and put it in a pickup but didn't think anything of it.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Dang, dude. Hope you hadn't spent money making it yours yet. Hate the fact that some douche-bag is riding it because he stole it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Suuuuuxxx. Wonder if they like picked it up and threw it on a trailer? Hotwired? How does anyone steal all the new bikes with anti theft, has to be a physical pluck and chuck....half ton bike that's not an easy feat. Hope it all works out soon man

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Suuuuuxxx. Wonder if they like picked it up and threw it on a trailer? Hotwired? How does anyone steal all the new bikes with anti theft, has to be a physical pluck and chuck....half ton bike that's not an easy feat. Hope it all works out soon man
They pick them up and throw them in a truck or trailer. Hotwiring went out in the 1970s. They sometimes stick a pipe underneath and another through the front wheel. One guy on each end of the pipe. Four guys will have it out of sight in 5 seconds. Bike was in Texas? That bike is chopped or in Mexico by now.

·
Registered
794 Posts
My Baby's Gone

thursday night someone stole my 2018 road glide special.

I have insurance etc and am covered.

just pretty bummed out.
That sucks big time!

Does your bike have an alarm+horn, just curious if this isn't as much as a deterrent as people think? Was the front wheel locked?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Sorry to read this, Fu**ing scumbags. When and if you get your replacement just get yourself a wireless camera, they have battery ones that are completely wireless that you can you mount anywhere with long range wifi & you can get them pretty cheap these days.
thanks for the great suggestion!

·
Registered
279 Posts
That totally sucks, sorry to hear that. Nothing pisses me off more than scumbag motherfuc%$#s who think everything is free, dog ass lazy non working pieces of shit. Keep us posted on how this all pans out with the insurance and all.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
WOW!! What a kick in the balls... This is my worst fear when traveling to wake up and fined the bike gone.. This is also why I have a Siren alarm may not of stopped them but maybe would of got some ones attention and a description of vehicle involved.. Hopefully the scumbags get caught and your insurance cuts you a check fast... Has there been other bike thefts in your area?

Yes my next bike will definately have the siren, not sure about bike theft stats in my area.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Dang, dude. Hope you hadn't spent money making it yours yet. Hate the fact that some douche-bag is riding it because he stole it.

stage 2,mustang solo seat LRS shield and other minor doo dads, but hopefully I will come out ok on the insurance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
They pick them up and throw them in a truck or trailer. Hotwiring went out in the 1970s. They sometimes stick a pipe underneath and another through the front wheel. One guy on each end of the pipe. Four guys will have it out of sight in 5 seconds. Bike was in Texas? That bike is chopped or in Mexico by now.
yeah thats what I am thinking.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I stopped using my kryptonite cable lock awhile back because my bike value to insurance ratio is such that I would be better off with a check than a bike, thats different from your situation because I hear from your tone that you would be better off with your scoot.

back when I did use it I would go through the rear or front wheel and the frame, if by some chance there was a pole to go around I would do that.

at least it makes it harder to roll away.

I use a small padlock through my front disc now and hang my helmet from it so it doubles as a helmet lock and a built in reminder to remove before riding, but I dont even lock the ignition since the security wont allow it it to start.

in an apartment lot though. I think I would do the cable lock, and harley siren and maybe a disc lock w/siren and use one of those bright colored reminder tethers to draw attention to the siren.

good luck, hope you get back on 2 wheels ASAP.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts