Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just started the process of rebuilding my 08 FLTR. It has a great motor thanks to Frank and a shitty body and trashed front end thanks to some idiot cager. I'm going to strip it to the frame and rebuild it around Frank's 100+ hp motor that has less than 200 miles on it. I know jack about this stuff but I've got a manual, U tube, and a bunch of awesome guys on this forum. I counting on lots of advice since I've never even changed the oil or a tire on one of my bikes. I can take my time since I bought a blue 15 FLTRUSE to ride. Since its an Ultra, I can trick this on out as it won't be my primary touring bike. I've got the tins and front end off. Next is to tackle the power train. Not sure if I can take it out in one piece or not. I'll post some pictures of my progress soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a couple more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
"I've never even changed the oil or a tire on one of my bikes" Hell cank the jams' up then and have some fun:D Don't forget beer & pusssssssssssssss e

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can any of you experts describe the easist way to remove the powertrain so I can check the frame allignment and get it powder coated. Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Outer primary off. Waiting for primary locking tool to pull clutch, inner etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Inner primary is finally off. Now to split and remove the motor and trans so I can get the frame into a jig and see if it's bent or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally got the engine out. Now I have the weight down enough to get it up on a frame jig.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts