Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the help of a few of the forum members, I was able to complete my project!! Paint is finally done! All 4 speakers are installed....

first of all, my equipment list...

Rockford Fosgate PBR 300 x 4 amp
4 Rockford Fosgate Power T165
2 of H-donut's amp mounts
HawgWired metal speaker grills for fairing
HawgWired 6.5 adapter rings
Wal-Mart Special amp wire kit
A few things from around my shop

and a little paint...

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
So, how are you liking it so far? Looks good.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got a little close with other accessories...

Man was I nervous cutting the inner fairing, After I turned it on and then up, I am glad that I did it!!

I wish there was a way to get the very top of the speaker grill flushed up with the inner fairing....

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good brother. I know that first cut is the hardest but the end result is so worth the effort
If you look at the pics closely, there is a gap at the top of the speaker grill because of the contour of the inner fairing, i was thinking about adding a self tapper at the top of the speaker, any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
If you look at the pics closely, there is a gap at the top of the speaker grill because of the contour of the inner fairing, i was thinking about adding a self tapper at the top of the speaker, any thoughts?
Yea I also have a very slight gap in same location. it would most likely pull up with a extra screw, but honestly I think it looks great the way it is. Nice job.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea I also have a very slight gap in same location. it would most likely pull up with a extra screw, but honestly I think it looks great the way it is. Nice job.
I was thinking about putting a self tapper in the 12 and 6 position, I have 1 in the 9 and 3 position now, plus the 4 for the speaker grill

My sweetheart asked why I didn't put the LEDs in the two lower speaker grills, I will figure that out and post it!!

Again I would never have attempted to do this project with out the help of the guys here on this forum!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Good job, one of the best mods you can do IMHO!

·
Registered
46 Posts
First I would like to thank the OP and Dbell for their help just got done putting in the two inner fairing speakers. Have not got it all back together yet still waiting on a few things before I button it back up. Just wanted to share some of my experiences with the forum I did not remove the inner fairing and used a dremal with 90° attachment and cutting bit to cut holes worked pretty good had to keep speed at about medium or else it was all over the place. Will post some pics when I get a chance. Just figured I would put it in this thread so that there wasn't info spread all over.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Looks great! I had fun doing mine, that first cut was fun! The only problem I ran into was getting all the wires put back so everything would fit behind the fairing! But in the end, well worth the time, sounds great!!

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts