Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jesus.

What a damned fiasco. Glad I really like them.

So if you missed it before, Cliff's Notes:

Bought the awesome Yaffe 10" OEM Monkey Bars and a few other goodies. Took all my new toys down to the local HD dealer for install because I heard what a PITA it was to self-install these bars.

Dealer fought with them for THREE hours, could not wire them. I called Yaffe, Yaffe called my dealer to teach them the "tricks" (shrink wrap, tie small chain on end of wire bundle, push/pull). Dealer gives up. We ship EVERYTHING to Yaffe, Yaffe wires bars, dealer clamps them on.

2 weeks, 5 days later I get my bike back.

Bars (good deal, lowest price I've seen PLUS free shipping. Thanks Eastern Perf!): $350
Yaffe wiring PLUS shipping 2 day: $379
Dealer install: $300

$1029 I shit you not.

And that was after I asked my dealer to drop $200 WORTH of labor off. It wasn't my fault the tech couldn't wire these in the FIVE total hours they tried to bill me. "But no matter what my tech did, they couldn't be wired". I responded with "Well, they are in fact wired... so it was possible". The service manager was actually VERY cool, and took off the extra labor without an issue or argument. But still... this was damn costly for installing a set of bars.

I'm not mad at my dealer, it wasn't their fault that these bars are so tricky, I just wish it cold have been a bit easier, and less costly. They handled me nicely and professionally. They could honestly have been dicks and charged me the full labor...

Next time, no matter how challenging I think it'll be... I'm doing it myself like I do with my other mods!

Anyway, I am VERY pleased with how they feel. Added Ness Deep Cut Grips, and a couple other things and all came out great. Can't wait to get her on the road longer tomorrow. I have to adjust to the new thicker grips now though...

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Bike looks great! One thing, though...the guy you have up front holding your mirrors looks downright emaciated. I think he could use some carbohydrates.........

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bike looks great! One thing, though...the guy you have up front holding your mirrors looks downright emaciated. I think he could use some carbohydrates.........
LOL!

I was so excited when Kuryakyn announced these mirrors (I have a big thing for skulls and skeleton stuff), so I pre-ordered them, and got them right away. Was a happy day when they arrived :D Pathetic, I know, but oh well. :eek:

·
Registered
539 Posts
bike looks good....#%$# it I say....We all spend tons of money on our bikes...We don't have too....we choose too...Right Gang?...lol.....Imagine if we just rode them home from the dealer & never...I mean NEVER touched it......now that would be a feat...
ENJOY THOSE BARS BROTHER... :)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Lookin good man, new bars can give a bike a whole new personality.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Me Too!

Welcome to the Thousand dollar handlebar club!!!!!

They look great and I love the mirrors!!!!! FACE

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
The bars look great! Love the mirrors too!

·
Registered
384 Posts
BR Custom Bars have several YouTube vids showing how to wire bars.. I did mine in about 3hrs start to finish using his tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
743 Posts
Never been a big fan of skulls.... But it turns out I like hands, Who knew?!
Congrats, good lookin' ride!

·
Registered
184 Posts
looks great. i was looking to do it also but now that your the second person to tell me the Yaffe bars are a real PITA. i may look elsewhere for bars. Good luck with them.

W

·
0 Posts
Finally! lol I'm glad your happy.

Another reason on my list of why I never buy anything from Daffy.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I would not buy Yaffee again. They took 3 months to make them feb-may 2010 then didn't drill deep enough for me heat deamons so they didn't get put on. They advertise the bars are "polished inside for ease of wiring" and they were a mess with slag and rough edges. Not easy at all to wire! They also sold me a "right size" kit for the wrong bike without ABS and hyd. clutch. I told them exactly what bike it was and everything I had and needed! Yaffee blew it and I am done with his shit forever!!!!! FACE

1 - 20 of 49 Posts