Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As many here know, I have Sideline biz for Powder Coating that I do on the weekends or whenever I play 'hookie' from my real job.......Anyhow, Norseman contacted me a while ago with a Laundry list of items to coat (he posted pics in his thread "Big Blue Moneypit"). Part of that list was to do his exhaust.....after receiving his items, I discovered that he had NOT sent me stock sheilds, but sheilds from a True Dual set up and I could NOT get most of the items in my oven...... There is a Ceramic Coating Process that I have been wanting to try so I asked him if he minded being the "Guinnea Pig"? He agreed & after having Christmas & such to deal with I was finally able to shoot his exhaust items today........I can tell you it's a LOT different than shooting Powder!!!!! But I'm pretty damn impressed on how they turned out! Not sure how much of this I'm willing to do as my shop's ventalation is NOT up to par with what is needed for this stuff.......I had 2 fans going & a repirator on & it 'bout did me in for the afternoon, BUT- I am realy pleased with the results!!!

Norseman- I send you an e-mail with these and some shipping details.......

Attachments

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
They look good. I have considered this myself because my exhaust is starting to look worn. I'd like to know how the finish holds up.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look good. I have considered this myself because my exhaust is starting to look worn. I'd like to know how the finish holds up.
I'll be very surprised if he has any issues......The product is supplied by a company who has been coating firearms and making Ceramic coat for many years.....What turned me on to it is the fact that it is an air dry cure process rather than a heat cure.........They say it takes a full 5 days to fully cure and is rated to withstand in excess of 2,000 degrees......I gotta tell ya, other than the fumes it was a very good product to work with.......I did go down for a few "Lessons" from an automotive painter friend on spraying technique & gun set up but all in all, I was really pleased......

·
Registered
462 Posts
Really looks great - so smooth!

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Nice.. does the baffle has to be out to ceramic coat the mufflers?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice.. does the baffle has to be out to ceramic coat the mufflers?
Owner had pulled them out before sending......Probably not neccessary as the stuff I used has an air dry cure rather than a heat cure, but it would cause more taping off to keep media from sandblasting from invading every nook & cranny of the baffle......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts