Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. New to the forum as I just took delivery of my Glide.

After a quick trip into town to get it inspected, I am fully aware that the exhaust note is definitely lacking from the 07 FLSTF that I traded in with Rhinehart slip ons.

I just ordered an S&S Super Tear Drop intake kit and a set of RC Components 4 inch slip ons.

Anyone else running the same thing? Have I made the right decision? Will I be good with my factory tune?

Thanks everyone!

·
Super Moderator
13,082 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As stated above you will need a tuner, or at least have your ECM flashed. Your future plans for any mods to the engine will determine what type of tuner you should get.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Welcome to the tank. I think you'll like those 4" RCXs. I have those and a PM Supergas AC-kit with a Stage1 flash. My bro has a '14 SGS and same bolt-ons except he's running 4" Rinehart slip-ons. He thinks mine sounds deeper. I think his sounds deeper. Either way, both are great slip-ons with decent tone that isn't annoying at high cruising speeds. Sounds AWESOME at throttle up, though!

Agreed...GET A TUNER!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome. Thanks Lads.

Now, which tuner to get? Or, do I simply take it to the stealership to have it flashed?

·
Registered
48 Posts
The se tuner was my go to. Plug and then remove. I'm surprised Harley needs a tuner to adjust for intake and a slip on exhaust. I thought these new pcms had quite a bit of computer adjustment to compensate. Old school was full exhaust and intake requires new jets. I'm new to the Harley world so I'm sure I'm incorrect. Either way nothing beats a good tuner on the dyno for any vehicle.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I went with Power Vision because I don't have to leave it hooked to the bike. Fuel Moto offers free lifetime map support. You tell them what intake, exhaust, etc you have and they preload the tuner with the right map. You change something, add cams, etc, and all you have to do is email them and they will send you a new map.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quick update.

Installed the S&S intake on her. Looks great! Just what I was hoping for. Seems to be a little more responsive than the skinny factory intake.

The RC Components slip ons came today and I got them installed in the garage.
WHAT A DIFFERENCE. They look incredible. The chrome is excellent and the reverse slash cut follows the contour of the bags perfectly. The sound seems to be exactly what I was looking for. A lot louder and deeper than the factory mufflers without being too loud. I haven't gotten them on the road yet as it was raining and $h!tty here in NY tonight. I'll post my input as soon as I get them out.

Thanks for listening.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts