Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
[URL=http://s410.photobucket.com/user/immo2896/media/20150929_165025_zpsynlw2ppo.jpg.html][/URL]
This my new to me project. 2011 ultra. 15k miles and bone stock. First ride was from the dealer, 200 miles home. Enough time to want to change some things. I put the screamin eagle air filter assy on with the power vision tuner. The rush 2 into 1 I put on but haven't driven anywhere with it yet. I thought I would change the handlebars before I rode anywhere with it. They are todds cycle 16 inch black apes. I first ordered some 10 inch la choppers, but knew right away they were not enough.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[URL=http://s410.photobucket.com/user/immo2896/media/20151003_153423_zpstsc5koa0.jpg.html][/URL]
This a shot of the magnum black ice cable compared to the stock cable. It looks great in person. Kind of hard to tell the real color by these phone pics.
[URL=http://s410.photobucket.com/user/immo2896/media/20151004_084414_zpsnfywn29l.jpg.html][/URL]
.....and of course they are probably 2 inches too long. I was just nervous about ordering them too short. You can't return them. I ordered them late Friday evening and got them the following Friday.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks NB. I never heard of Todd's Cycle anything, but thought I would give them a shot.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I have made a few changes. I went to this amp after adding the lower speakers. Still fits in the same place as the RF.

I put the speakers in the lowers. I still haven't decided what to do about the grills. With these speakers you can't just stick the grill that came with them on without some modifying.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After riding a while with the Todds Cycle bars, it just seemed like I was still leaning forward. I decided to change to the 16" F47 Picos. It took me almost 16 hours total and a lot of cussing to get the wires through the TC bars. After trying for an hour to get the wires out I decided to just cut them apart. I cut them in two places.

The edges in these bars are rough as heck. No wonder it took me so long to get the wires through them. Took me about an hour to wire the new ones.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

Just a better shot of the bars. You can also see the wrong color air pressure gauge. I am gonna order me a VDO gauge to match the factory ones.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

This the mount I made for the air compressor. I guess I will try out the new progressive front monotube shocks and the rear adjustable air shocks in a little while. I lowered the front in anticipation of the new front wheel I have ordered.

Another shot of the mount. Looks rough, but I had a stove delivered last night from a friend that I can use for powder coating. This will be the first piece I do. LOL practice on something you can't readily see.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

powdercoating done. Not bad considering the piece was bent up prior to me pc'ing it.

mounted back up.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Almost 6 weeks to the day for the new jewelry to show up. Haven't decided on the fender yet.

RSD diesel 21inch.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you don't mind being seen with someone with a mismatched set of wheels. LOL

turbochrisb Your bike is looking great! Keep the pics coming...
Will do. I hope to do some powdercoating on some more stuff when I get comfortable doing it. May have to make a bigger oven for larger pieces.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts