Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into getting my bike dyno tuned and need more information from you dyno guys.

I have a Power Vision. That is a detachable unit. When a dyno tune is performed it seems to me that the instant changes achieved would tell me that the map in the ECU is what is being changed not some map in a detachable unit. If that is the case, why do tech's shy away from the PV? They look like they are watching the NASA moon landing when talking to them.

I hope someone will set me straight as I am confused.:confused:

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
it's all in what tuner they are used to using. pv tuners are becoming more common, but they are still few in numbers.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The Power Vision flashes the ECM like TTS or SEPST.

The PV is a good unit, play with it, learn how to use it, and it will accomplish anything that any of the other tuners out there will.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Power Vision flashes the ECM like TTS or SEPST.

The PV is a good unit, play with it, learn how to use it, and it will accomplish anything that any of the other tuners out there will.
I don't have a problem with the PV. I'm wanting to get some information regarding dyno tuning. It seems to me that any off bike tuner (not piggy back) would be a PITA if the actual tuner had to be used. It would be changing the map in the tuner and downloading it and make a run. Then changing the map in the tuner ad nauseum.

The thing that brought this up was my change in exhaust from 2-1 to 2-2. I emailed Jaime to find out if I would need a new map and he responded that I could do a couple autotune (Basic) and be good to go. I talked with Carl at Carl's speed shop on Beach Street and he said "sure" they could dyno the bike but when I called to talk with the actual guy that does the dyno tuning he was very put off. He said he would have to call DynoJet to get some information and he hasn't called in over a month. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts