Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2014 King TP from my painter. He matched the paint perfectly. I went with a design that matched the fairing rather than the saddle bag. Let me know what you guys think. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1408582377.354082.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1408582407.954863.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1408582445.943398.jpg

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I think the design on the tour pack looks great. The skunk is one of my favorite roadglides so my opinion could be a little biased.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,714 Posts
I have always considered the 'skunk' as the nicest looking bike that HD has ever put out. I fell in love with it the first time I saw one out in the sun. I think what you've done here is terrific. It would have been easy to just copy the OEM paint pattern for the trunk, but since you were already utilizing a TP that wasn't around at the time of the skunk, you took a chance and did something different. I really appreciate that aspect of your decision as much as I do the actual paint job. Well done!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Love it, great work! The 14 tour pack looks 10x more sleek than previous king tour pack. Opening them up at the dealer its amazing how much room is inside of them cuz they dont look that big when closed. I take it you dont ride 2 up much based on that tiny backrest pad installed?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Love it, great work!

I take it you dont ride 2 up much based on that tiny backrest pad installed?
Thanks Craigmier!

No I rarely have a passenger. A few times a year one of my daughter's may ride with me and that's about it. I bought the big wrap around backrest but when I mocked it up and I hated the look without the speakers. So the choice was either spend a lot more money getting the speakers installed or just get a chopped backrest and be done with it. I am not a major tunes guy while riding so I will wait and see if I want the speakers later on. I ride a lot just listening to the motor purr and I am good with that. I rode to a local bike night last night and several guys came buy and asked if that was a chopped TP. Because of the new design of the King and the graphics of the paint scheme it almost looks like a chopped TP at first. To me that is a good thing. :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts