Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
This is what I do in spare time when not riding making my dads dream come true

You should let us know when you're running. Been years since I went to a drag strip. Used to run my car at 75/80. RIP 75/80!

·
Registered
889 Posts
I heard this Badass dragster first hand and it's Fricken LOUD......Great pix of Pop and the boys.

·
Super Moderator
9,600 Posts
Sweet , I remember when front engine dragsters were the norm , then Big Daddy pulled a fast one and changed all that ..

Drag Racin' is right at the top of my list of FUN ...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry we can't race them not legal but we start the blown hemi up for shows to make noise but nitro is 40 gallon and gallon a minute cost but it's the smell and noise

·
Registered
699 Posts
Summer of 1966, I was a 6 year old kid playing at a roadside park. Guy pulls in with a front motored fueler on an open trailer. He took the time to answer a million questions from a 6 year old and let me sit behind the wheel. I've been a gearhead ever since. Raced on and off for several years. Last racecar I had was an alky injected altered. I miss that car. I love the smell of nitro in the morning.:smile:

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,809 Posts
I'm surprised you don't run at one of the Nostalgia Drag events. Not sure if there are any in your area or not. Still, it has to be a thrill to start 'er up for a cackle-fest event. Neat. Now that I live within 4-5 hours of a National event, we've attended the "Gator Nationals" the past two years. They had their "50th Annual" a little over a month ago. Pretty big deal for the NHRA and the track. They brought back some of the legends of the sport - Garlits, Shirley, Prudomme, W.J. and 4 more. Unfortunately, as so often happens at these types of anniversary events, they had them match racing ... wait for it ..... wait for it .... in new Toyota Camrys! That was about as exciting as watching paint dry. Good to see them all though.

Two weeks later we attended the NSRA Southeast Nationals event in Tampa at the fair grounds. I always enjoy looking at the street rods, customs, and every other 'genre' of car/truck they have there. There were some really high dollar resto-mods being exhibited. My first time at that event as there's always a conflict with bike week Daytona - this year we did the 4 wheel thing. The wonderful part of it for me is that my GF actually enjoys doing both car and bike events. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,809 Posts
Sweet , I remember when front engine dragsters were the norm , then Big Daddy pulled a fast one and changed all that ..

Drag Racin' is right at the top of my list of FUN ...
It wasn't so much him trying to pull a fast one as him losing half his foot when he grenade'd his previous front engine rail. JTB - do you ever come over to the Gator Nationals in Gainesville? Sandy and I go for Sat/Sun. every year. I love the smell of nitro in the morning!

·
Super Moderator
9,600 Posts
It wasn't so much him trying to pull a fast one as him losing half his foot when he grenade'd his previous front engine rail. JTB - do you ever come over to the Gator Nationals in Gainesville? Sandy and I go for Sat/Sun. every year. I love the smell of nitro in the morning!
Fuzzy his foot is what I was referring to , long over due for a trip to the Gators indeed ..

JtB

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just to let you all know this car is not legal to race now it was 50 years ago but times have changed then it was AHRA not NHRA which has got out of hand back in the day no electronic now all run buy computer money wins.But we go to cackle fest just start up and let the crowd enjoy the nitro smell at 61 dollars a gallon.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts