Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 16 RGU and with the stock handlebars I was using a cheap Amazon bar clamp mount but after I put my new bars on I did not like the amount of cable I had to have out to allow full lock in both directions. I looked at the Iron Aces mount and it’s a real nice piece but I could not bring myself to spend $150 on a phone mount. So I pieced together this usin bits From Ram Mount. I thought some may like this as another option for phone mounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
That looks great, I need to do that.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Pretty nice! I was not as creative and dropped $100 for the Klock Werks magnetic mount (really by IO Mount). Its pretty clean looking, so I'm good with it.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Pretty nice! I was not as creative and dropped $100 for the Klock Werks magnetic mount (really by IO Mount). Its pretty clean looking, so I'm good with it.
After trying 2 other mounts, I went this route last October. Been happy with it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I like it, it looks as clean as a phone mount will most likely get. I'm just concerned about the suction cup coming lose, but I do like how you ran the cable, I may have to do that as well.

Wade

·
Registered
501 Posts
I like it looks clean! Me I have no luck with suction cups, so my phone would be bouncing down the road!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Where did the flat base that you have 3Md to the bike come from? Is it a RAM part?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like it, it looks as clean as a phone mount will most likely get. I'm just concerned about the suction cup coming lose, but I do like how you ran the cable, I may have to do that as well.

Wade
It’s not a suction cup. It’s stuck on with 3M tape.

I like it looks clean! Me I have no luck with suction cups, so my phone would be bouncing down the road!
Not a suction cup.

Where did the flat base that you have 3Md to the bike come from? Is it a RAM part?
Yes it is a Ram part.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007EZPLFS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_GxiECb2GT4QGC

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
So how did this work in the summer heat? Did it hold up OK?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the same base mount on the dash of my truck for a couple of years. It has held up very well over that time. But my truck does vibrate like my bike. Lol. But I will probably do some thing very similar.
thanks for the idea

·
Registered
627 Posts
It
I looked at the Iron Aces mount and it’s a real nice piece but I could not bring myself to spend $150 on a phone mount.
It is worth noting that Iron Aces offers a discount on their Mounts for Road Glide Forum members...use promo code "RG-Forum" at checkout.

Reactions: Mike U
1 - 16 of 16 Posts