Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered today:cool:

After 2 months of reading posts and comments and so much more...
Finally decided to go with the WO515b 10" apes "Black Out" series.

Lot of you guys (& gals) have great bars but I was influenced by 2 forum members style:
Slaterman5 and Sportyguy69; thanks guys for answering some of my PM's.

Follows is a link to a series of photo's on an RG09. Click HERE

Tech tips for 08 RG and Up: Click HERE
GTK Fact:
BARS INSTALLED ON PRE 2008 TOURING MODELS (ROADKING, ROADGLIDE) NEED TO REPLACE THE TWO SEPERATE HANDLEBAR CLAMPS
WITH A SINGLE ONE PIECE CLAMP FROM YOUR LOCAL DEALER.*HD PART #55918-08.
Will post pics once set up once is done. Can't wait!
Cost 219.95$
***EDIT***
Added side by side PIC (More pics on page 3 of this thread)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Think you made a great choice Peter! I eventually want to go with the WO515b bars too (I've been staring at that '09 example bike for months!) but will probably have to make a side trip with the Heritage style bars first because of costs.

Can't wait to see your completed pics! Although ... if you were a truly giving member and mod, you'd also put up many detailed INSTALL pics! No pressure, of course ... :D

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... if you were a truly giving member and mod, you'd also put up many detailed INSTALL pics! No pressure, of course ... :D
Unfortunately I'm "Mechanically Challenged" so the work will be done at the Stealers! One day I hope to learn enough to do more of my own mods...but will be some time b4 I venture that route :eek:

·
Registered
470 Posts
please let me know how they work out for you....your putting alot of pressure on me, hope i didnt lead you a stray...lol

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
please let me know how they work out for you....your putting alot of pressure on me, hope i didnt lead you a stray...lol
Will do Slate.
The deal breaker between the 515's and the 517's for me was the angle of the wrist placement. I like to keep my wrist straight and not bent at an angle.
I'm 110% confident in the choice :) Look forward to test it and review for you all.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Damn it man. I thought I had it all figured out with the Outlaw Z, but those shots of the 09 with 515s now have me doubting myself. Will those with the 515 bars please post pics and tell why you like em...or don't? Thanks a ton.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Damn it man. I thought I had it all figured out with the Outlaw Z, but those shots of the 09 with 515s now have me doubting myself. Will those with the 515 bars please post pics and tell why you like em...or don't? Thanks a ton.
check my album pics for shots of my 515

·
Registered
162 Posts
check my album pics for shots of my 515
Awesome ride. Bars look great with the RG. They flow with the lines better than the Outlaw Z, but those that have them love em. At this rate I won't ever pull the trigger.:eek:

·
Registered
162 Posts
You're gonna love 'em. I sure do!
Hey Don L,

I can't tell from your signature picture if you are an Outlawz guy or 515. Which is it and how much do you love it? :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nice combination. Thanks for the shots! BTW Cee Bailey Shield?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Bike is looking great, Don! Been waiting to see more pics of it. (you guys with good looking bikes really need to put up some albums or sumthin') :p

What are your mufflers? Klockwerks? Are they a tad short for the bag extensions? I have the Klockwerks SS shorts and have wondered if they'd be flush with extensions.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will do

I'd like to hear what you think when you get them on. These are the same bars I'm leaning towards.
I just got my UPS notice that they were mailed out yesterday from California. Expected arrival here on Feb 23rd. Stealer will be doing my install. I'll try and snap a lot of pics and post them here when its all done.
NOTE: Took them 2 weeks to cut my bars, then send them to be powder coated then returned, now its another week for mail. Good to know, if you want to plan your mod with them. I thought it might have been quicker.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just got my UPS notice that they were mailed out yesterday from California. Expected arrival here on Feb 23rd. Stealer will be doing my install. I'll try and snap a lot of pics and post them here when its all done.
NOTE: Took them 2 weeks to cut my bars, then send them to be powder coated then returned, now its another week for mail. Good to know, if you want to plan your mod with them. I thought it might have been quicker.
I am really close to pulling the trigger on the exact same bars. The wait must be killing you. BTW Axiom Cycles on EBAY has 2 515b's in stock $198 shipped out of Ca. Any reason you didn't go that direction?

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I am really close to pulling the trigger on the exact same bars. The wait must be killing you. BTW Axiom Cycles on EBAY has 2 515b's in stock $198 shipped out of Ca. Any reason you didn't go that direction?
I just bought the same ones on Amazon for $193.56 including shipping. Bought on Sunday, and just got an e-mail that they shipped today. The actual company was called Fay Myers something or other.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just bought the same ones on Amazon for $193.56 including shipping. Bought on Sunday, and just got an e-mail that they shipped today. The actual company was called Fay Myers something or other.
Good to know! Nice to know I am not alone. :D Every time I am ready to pull the trigger I go back and look at the shots of the Black Outlaw z and then I am not sure. :confused: Looking forward to everyone's pictures to come and feedback on the bars.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Good to know! Nice to know I am not alone. :D Every time I am ready to pull the trigger I go back and look at the shots of the Black Outlaw z and then I am not sure. :confused: Looking forward to everyone's pictures to come and feedback on the bars.
Going to try and do the install next weekend provided I don't have a honey do list come up. It's snowing again tonight so riding will be out of the question anyway.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts