Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my bike on the dyno the other day and here are my results:

Stock 96" motor with KlockWerks Double Back head pipe, flowing thru a set of Wild Pig Slip-on's and Ventilaltor Air Cleaner. And the download from the dealership.

67.05 hp / 73.95 tq

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I don't have my latest sheet with me, but here goes. It seems that just swapping slip-ons to the Klock wreks WFB's I picked up 3 ft/lbs. I then swapped out the air filter element (I'm running the Ventilator from the MoCo) to the K&N replcement. I picked up 1.5 hp and lost a little under 1 ft/lbs. I would like to point out that we (me and the tech) forgot to turn on the cooling fans in the dyno before the second run (the runs with the K&N), so there was probably some power loss due to heat. Matter of fact when I got to looking at the tech info the temp in the dyno was 3 degrees warmer, so you can guess how much hotter the motor was! All in all, I would say for a retail price of about $55 bucks, the gain of 1+ hp is worth it

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Pee Wee, do you have a Race Tuner or other EFI controller? When I did the stage 1 a/c, SE slip ons and the SERT on my '04 (at the 5000 mile mark,) I was making 71 HP and 78 ft./lbs. with an 88" motor. You should have better numbers with a 96" motor.

I need to bring my bike down for a dyno run. With all the schtuff I've done to my motor, I'm hoping to get numbers between 85-95 HP and 90-100 ft./lbs. torque.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Race Tuner, just the download. I'm still trying to figure out what, if anything I wanna do motor wise. As far as the fuel curve, it is pretty well dead on. After talking to Roger, I may do cams. Funny you mention about the number though, I was thinking the same thing, my '03 got better numbers

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
No Race Tuner, just the download. I'm still trying to figure out what, if anything I wanna do motor wise. As far as the fuel curve, it is pretty well dead on. After talking to Roger, I may do cams. Funny you mention about the number though, I was thinking the same thing, my '03 got better numbers

IMHO:Ahhh, You have to get a tuner :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts