Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just completed a 4 day 1,880 mile trip. Live near St. Louis and had too run back to hometown in Dover PA to say my last goodbye to a friend. Made the return trip in 16 hours (850 miles) straight through. All highway riding, but had to get there and back in short time..Had fun though (short of the reason for the run), first time I have done 850 miles in a single sitting.

Took pix of the fairing and shield, just to think those bugs used to be plastered to me..I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how to on this site.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for your loss but glad you had a good trip. How was the exhaust on the long haul?
Exhaust was fine..Like to hear my bike when I am running, but on same hand the I could hear stock radio at 80mph

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Exhaust was fine..Like to hear my bike when I am running, but on same hand the I could hear stock radio at 80mph
Thanks, have fun cleaning the front lol. My last day over 500 miles my bike looked the same way, lol.

Went to Walmart and they sell a Mothers brand bug remover that worked like a charm, just don't spray it on and let it sit out in the sun.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Sorry for the reason but you're a good friend to do it.

If you can do 850 you can do 1000. Start considering the Ironbutt Association. You'll get addicted to it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Rode 950 on a Superglide and am looking forward to doing the same on my RGU this summer. Feels good to run days like that.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Chainsaw, ddin't realize there was a trip forum.

I finally got a chance to clean it yesterday, soaked a towel in soap and water and left it lay on fairing for 6 hours..Cleaned up pretty easy after that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts