Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Read the blog. Looks like everyone had a good time all in all.
Glad everybody stayed safe and healthy.

·
Registered
432 Posts
We stayed in Lead too when we went in 2012. Stayed in a cabin at the top of Terry Peak. Everything was fantastic; great views, deer in the yard, and nice company. The only thing that sucked was the 1/2 mile gravel ride to and from the pavement. Made for some interesting late night traveling.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good stuff.

Looks like we were in town the same days. We stayed in Lead as well (I think I read that is where you stayed).
Yes, we were at the Dakota Spur, a little 15 room operation right on Main St.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Since you didn't get to show off your smokin hot wife because of the weather feel free to show her off here. We won't mind.;)

·
Registered
837 Posts
The only thing I didn't like is the fact that you had to start at the bottom and then go up. Otherwise nice write up.:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
2012 shadevally

myself and wife went from florida to sturgis trailer bike .heck got nothing to prove it was awsome to say the least only thing i didnt dig was niddle's higway way,way to crowded and not for a new rider o and didnt liek having to ride thru downtown everyday just to get back to campground but that wont happen again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great blog mnchad! thanks for the time to write your experience so that others can enjoy it without being there.. :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
I bookmarked it to check it out later.
Reading it from day one (from the bottom) will take a little doing for me. (I'm a bit OCD too). :D

·
Shark of the Quarter Jan-Mar 13
10 Posts
Sturgis 2013..wrecked

My self and my 2 brotherinlaws drove from WNY to Omaha in 1 day 1k miles yea some say your crazy but i would do it again with 1 extra day involved there..lol..got to Shade Valley about 945pm and set up camp in the dark no biggie they were great people.ill go back in a heartbeat!!.. we did Needles, Rushmore, Spearfish Canyon and after the 4th day we went to Custer St. Park, Brother-inlaw was ahead of me and just as we crested a hill that went down to the right he suddenly washed his front end out, (30-35mph) I was behind him and hit my brakes and had to lay mine down to avoid running him over...

He completely totaled his bike and mine was roadrashed on 1 side.To this day my bike is in Chattanooga Tenn getting a complete makeover from the boys at Underground Customs..(Chris White) will be done in 2 weeks waiting on custom bars fromm HHI..total new look cant wait to show pix....Merry XMass to all!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whoa!
I'm glad everyone was OK.
Also glad I didn't have any driving (only parking) mishaps.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Nice write up, hopefully the weather is a little better in 14" I would like to do something similar in blogging my trip. I am new to blogging but is the format you used (wordpress) free. Is there a better one out there where you dont have to start from the bottom, go up to the top every day and read down?

Sorry to hear about your bud's bike..that was cool that you waited to find the guy who's bike got hit and owned up to it..most would not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts