Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted the clean look of no whip antenna or even a stubby. I do not listen to the radio very often(I use my flash drive), but wanted that option.

I live in Florida, so nothing to impede a radio signal and it depends how good of a radio station one has, other areas will be different. I installed the antenna unit per HDs instructions and routed the antenna leads around the speaker pods, per HD. I headed out to check how far the Hidden antenna would work. I found that I lost the radio signal about 1/2 mile before I would normally loose the signal with the whip antenna. That works well enough for me, also I do not have any amp outside what comes with the stock radio.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the hidden antenna also... My bike had that option when I bought it, so I cant compare before/after. I do notice just a bit better reception from my truck stereo driving/riding the same route to and from work. but that should be expected since the truck antenna is much higher than the bike antenna.

I like the clean (no antenna) look of the hidden antenna system. I've got a pile of music on my phone if the radios not playing anything worth a damn, or the reception is lacking ............:grin:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Pandora seems to solve ANY reception issues! I still have the stock antenna but an interesting thought. I have an '18 RGS and the message "Media not Recognized" began appearing a few weeks ago. Told by the dealership it was the latest IOS load from Apple that was the cause. Anyone else experience that?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Just to add, the stock antenna on the FLTRXS was not nearly as good as on my FLTRU. Switching from the stock to the hidden on the FLTRXS I found about the same as you, slight loss, but not enough to complain about. None of the bikes have matched my cages, which are not equal either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts