Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK hope I can get some help here, about 2 years ago i had a trans leak we found that we had to replace all the seals and all at the trans between the trans and primary, it was all good and after 2 years its leaking again, I had to put dye in the trans to make sure and it is. my question to you all does or did anyone here have a issue with their trans that had a leak twice, i haven't seen or checked what is actually bad on the trans but would like any info so check for, shaft problem or is trans just no good anymore. well home some info come back and thank you all for helping.

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
What year bike ?

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Had the shaft seal leak about 87k ago on '03,
Probably in '05
Ran it for a few till oem fix
the little puddle looked like a lot, blit you got 28 Oz
Only you would know if the tranny is right, is the little vent clear and turned down from water entering?

Surface gaskets if not molested Gen good, heard

Know of 4 others around you year that have had the seal pinch type (go bad)leak, two twice

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
Reactions: Swomack

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for any info and will look into that primary chain issue, if anyone else reads this if you know of anyone or you have any more info that can help please let me know thanks again.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hard to say what your problem is!! Not sure about your year but if like mine the exhaust on the right side has a mounting bolt that attaches to the transmission and they are nefarious for coming loose and leaking transmission fluid. Looks and smells worse than it actually is but can be disconcerning, all that is needed is a tightening of this bolt. What a stupid design!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts