Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've now had both Traxxion and Progressive Montube. The Traxxion was on my 08 FLTR. The Progressive Monotube was just put on my 12 FLTRU. I did 250 miles today with the new set up. I had/have Suspension Technologies on both rears.

RESULT = No way would I ever spend the money on Traxxion again.

The bike handles much better. No more sloppy feel going into turns. Slow riding turns are much easier too.

I had the susp tech shox tuned for superslab riding with my weights. Saweeeet.

DOOF

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Thanks Doofus. You may have just saved me some cash. I've been going back and forth in my mind. Monotubes...Traxxion..monotubes...traxxion..finkel...einhorn...einhorn...finkel.:)

If I can save a grand and go with the monotubes, that's fantastic. Tell me more about Suspension Technologies on the rear. I've been pretty high on getting a set of Ohlins for the rear, but if there's money to be saved there too, I'm all ears.

Thanks again. -Jay

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I've never had Traxxions, but when I went to the monotubes, I was so impressed that I know I don't plan to try anything else for awhile.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Did you guys install the monotubes yourself? How was the install?

I'm a fair shadetree mech, so I'll likely tackle it myself. I'm hoping it's easier than rebuilding the forks on my last Yamaha. That was a weekend of cussing and discontent.

-Jay

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My first set was standard SP shox. Now I have Heavy Duty. They r firmer for sure but for me they r really nice on the super slab. No more air hose pump to carry either. Great construction. DOOF

Thanks Doofus. You may have just saved me some cash. I've been going back and forth in my mind. Monotubes...Traxxion..monotubes...traxxion..finkel...einhorn...einhorn...finkel.:)

If I can save a grand and go with the monotubes, that's fantastic. Tell me more about Suspension Technologies on the rear. I've been pretty high on getting a set of Ohlins for the rear, but if there's money to be saved there too, I'm all ears.

Thanks again. -Jay

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I've ran monotubes on my last 2 bikes and have been very happy , I was going to go with Traxxion on this bike but when I called them they suggested I go to the CVO Harley forum to read reviews , I did , all that used them loved them in comparison to stock , they were 6 riders that had gone from stock to monotubes to Traxxion , all 6 separately said the Traxxion were the best but the monotubes were close and at under $300 for monotubes the difference wasn't enough to justify $1300 for Traxxion and if they could go back would stay with the monotubes , they said the monotubes were clearly the best value

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks guys. Monotubes are on the way. Direct Harley Parts $254
Thanks for posting this...nice price! Hadn't thought to try DHP...mine are on the way too!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Glad to help, G Ogre.

By the way, I just ordered mine from DHP on Friday, and I'm stunned to see that UPS is scheduled to deliver them today. Lightening fast shipping!

Too bad I'm up to my a$$ in other commitments right now and may not even be able to get to them this coming weekend.

-Jay

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Did you guys install the monotubes yourself? How was the install?

I'm a fair shadetree mech, so I'll likely tackle it myself. I'm hoping it's easier than rebuilding the forks on my last Yamaha. That was a weekend of cussing and discontent.

-Jay
As I stated earlier in the thread, if you follow the instructions and also have a service manual, it's not a hard job, took me around 3hrs with no help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts