Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out in the morning to North Carolina 750 miles one way, group of four bikes can't wait for my vacation to start. Staying in Bryson City North Carolina then off to North Georgia for a little more riding.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi I was there last summer, great riding everywhere. To name a few - the Tail 129- Cherohala 143 -Moonshine 28- Smolkies 441- BRP - Georgia Highlands various routes back thru Robbinsville, be safe and have a great time.

·
Registered
550 Posts
jealous

If you are staying in Bryson city, you GOTTA check out the Italian joint there. Pasqualino's is KILLER!!! Be sure and run over to Maggie Valleyand go thru the Wheels thru time Museum. If you like Harleys, this is the mecca....dont miss it. There are more cool routes over there than we could make in the 8 days we were there. You are going to have a BLAST. One thing to keep in mind. Watch your speeds at all times while you are in the area. the local LEO's DO NOT practice leniency. They WILL write you a ticket. Be safe

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everybody this is my third trip to the area my friends and I try and do this ride once a year I love it up there and you're right there's more riding to do up there and more loop rides then you could do in a month

·
Registered
550 Posts
loop

Have you ever ran Hwy 209 out of Maggie Valley up to Hot Springs?Its called The Rattler if mt memory serves me right. We did it by chance, actually pointed to it on a map and said "that looks cool" and it was one of the coolest loops we did all week.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
That's my old stomping grounds. I didn't know any better growing up so I took all those NC mountain roads for granted. Then I moved away 20 years ago and I really miss it. Hoping to get back this summer and do some riding with my brother. He only lasted 7 years off the mountain and had to move back. I think he's the smart one! Enjoy your trip and don't forget to enjoy the BBQ.

·
Registered
550 Posts
209 runs north out of Janaluska which is the east side of Maggie Valley. You cant miss it. Its a killer road with alot of elevation changes, sweepers, switchbacks and just plain fun. Like I said it was one of my favorite roads that we did when we were there. I didnt realze till later that it had been named " the Rattler". It even has its own web page...lol
Enjoy the ride but, dude, pass on the BBQ. No offense to our Carolina bretheren but they wouldnt know BBQ in the Carolinas if it bit them in the ass. Seems like only they think its that damn great. lol :eek:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
209 runs north out of Janaluska which is the east side of Maggie Valley. You cant miss it. Its a killer road with alot of elevation changes, sweepers, switchbacks and just plain fun. Like I said it was one of my favorite roads that we did when we were there. I didnt realze till later that it had been named " the Rattler". It even has its own web page...lol
Enjoy the ride but, dude, pass on the BBQ. No offense to our Carolina bretheren but they wouldnt know BBQ in the Carolinas if it bit them in the ass. Seems like only they think its that damn great. lol :eek:
I ride this road very often. Im only about an hour or better south of there. Its probably my favortie road to ride! I can leave my house at maybe 11, go ride it and stop and eat somewhere and be home around 530 or 6.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Well, obviously there are those of use that would have an alternate opinion of the BBQ here. There are good ones and really bad ones and a lot of disagreement about whose is best. One thing to remember that it's pork not beef and the folks in the western part of the state do it differently than the middle who do it different from the eastern part. It's kind of like the oil & windshield and tire opinions here, seems everyone has their favorites.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Got in to Bryson City on Saturday night, great ride up 441 until the last 50 miles where we hit rain. Total downpour for the last 30 and freaking cold. Sunday it rained all day. But looks like clear weather today.
The second pic is our drinking buddy Bob.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts