Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Administrator
12,004 Posts
I'd go for it , odds are pretty good you wont need the warranty in the next year .. My bike had two warranty jobs done , a stator and a wheel bearing and I took the wheel in for the bearing ... Other than that , never seen the dealer or indy either , 80k on her ..

JtB

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Never had a warranty issue on my bike, only one recall. Most stuff you can repair on your own anyway. Only time warranty is really good is if you're on the road. I always figured, if I had problems on the road , I'd either u haul home or pay the bill.

Reactions: Oclaf

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
My warranty would’ve been up in April. I opted to void that at 700 miles and do cam, header, breather, and PV. I did have transfer issues in the first 500 miles but resolved that issue rather quickly. Other than that, no regrets or issues 10k miles later

·
Registered
2020 RGS, FLTRXS that runs great out the gate.
2,096 Posts
To go back at it, my thoughts, i am planning on a swap just cause I should be around 25 to 30k and I am taking off the top end to "correct" the minimums up there. I see some post about the rockers and what have you an honestly, I really don't believe in putting in a cam without doing some sort of head and intake work, but that's me and my motor days of cars, will I pull the heads? Not likely until later. What I do know is working on a Harley is like stupid easy as you don't need a buddy for extra hands, no lifts for the motor or transmission...you can work them yourself and for me get much satisfaction. I do.

Ride On!

·
Registered
2020 Scorched Orange RG Limited
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Man, some really great opinions here guys. I’m back/forth. Not sure where I’m gonna land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
I went thru one season before voiding my warranty with a Fuel Moto 128” build on my 2020 RGL. Bought 1/31/20 and it was on the table at Fuel Moto 10/12/20.

Every mile since the build was done has been an absolute joy.

Then again, neither of my bikes see a dealership service department once they leave the dealership with me.

Rectangle Slope Font Line Plot

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
To go back at it, my thoughts, i am planning on a swap just cause I should be around 25 to 30k and I am taking off the top end to "correct" the minimums up there. I see some post about the rockers and what have you an honestly, I really don't believe in putting in a cam without doing some sort of head and intake work, but that's me and my motor days of cars, will I pull the heads? Not likely until later. What I do know is working on a Harley is like stupid easy as you don't need a buddy for extra hands, no lifts for the motor or transmission...you can work them yourself and for me get much satisfaction. I do.

Ride On!
I agree, but the M8 heads are one thing they got right. They flow very well from the factory.

·
Registered
2020 RGS, FLTRXS that runs great out the gate.
2,096 Posts
I agree, but the M8 heads are one thing they got right. They flow very well from the factory.
Probably why I won't pull them, but I am doing an S&S intake to eliminate plastic...and some top end things I am researching to eliminate play that results in noise as well as put in push rods to spec. Adjustable pushrods work but are not ideal. Right and tight. Old mantra... everyone has their ideas and ways, what I love the most about being alive as well as riding and meeting all y'all. One common denominator but many differences...that's cool! Ride On!

·
Premium Member
'16 Road Glide Ultra, 110" Tire Shredder, V&H Power Duals w/ Hi-Outputs, For now.
19 Posts
I'll say this, If you have the money and the mechanic skills necessary to fix whatever may go wrong, or just the money to have it fixed, then never mind the warranty. If not, well, let your conscience be your guide.

• Love

·
Registered
94 Posts
My 2 cents - Just keep the warranty. The longer I ride, the more mods I do the more I realize that I really don't need them. I've had the 131 and although a fun motor for that occasional rip - at the end of the day I really didn't need it. The piece of mind that I have with the warranty that if something goes south particularly on some long trips , any dealer I pull up to should be able diagnose the problem and repair it on MOCO's dime. Other than a slip on that I put on my 2020 RGL, I've left my bike completely stock and am perfectly happy and content with the 114.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
OP did ask us to change his mind.. One more point. IMO life at least the riding time is short. You wake up one day and it is all but over then it is. To short to be held to a warranty marketing ploy.
You work save and buy the ride you want. Make it your own and the heck with the manufacture. Life can not only be about needs. If it was we would not do a lot of the things we do.
I really like the new cam.,header,AC and pipes.

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
475 Posts
Is the bike that's slow, that you feel the need to upgrade?
Is it the need for speed?
Or is just bragging rights?
Forget the warranty thing right now, you're out riding your bike on the weekend, wind blowing through your hair, enjoying your ride as you're moving down the highway, what goes through your mind? Could the bike use some more power? Or maybe a different set of shocks to improve the ride? Maybe a more comfortable seat?
The main thing is, this is your bike!!!
Not mine, not his....but yours and yours only... MAKE IT YOUR BIKE!!!
fuck the warranty, these bikes are pretty dam dependable!!!

Ride On!!!

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
My 2 cents - Just keep the warranty. The longer I ride, the more mods I do the more I realize that I really don't need them. I've had the 131 and although a fun motor for that occasional rip - at the end of the day I really didn't need it. The piece of mind that I have with the warranty that if something goes south particularly on some long trips , any dealer I pull up to should be able diagnose the problem and repair it on MOCO's dime. Other than a slip on that I put on my 2020 RGL, I've left my bike completely stock and am perfectly happy and content with the 114.
My .02.....B-I-N-G-fuckin-O....feel the exact same way cept my "131" was my Revolution Performance built Twinkie

·
Registered
2021 RGS (Black and Chrome)
235 Posts
I am VERY happy with the 114.... I have not tried the performance upgrades so I cannot say if it is worth ditching the warranty, and honestly at this point I don't care...as I said the 114 is doing REALLY well for me. I have spend money with other things though - We have two bikes and keeping both aligned with the things I like gets expensive.

For me, a good sound system is a must. I have also done suspension and slip-in mufflers...would I do a stage 2 or 3....maybe, but not anytime soon....

21 - 40 of 52 Posts