Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I usually try to take a long ride each year (always alone) but, was beginning to think that this year would be a bust. My wife “Suz” then decided she was going fly down see her sister so I suggested that I could ride down to Florida pick her up at the airport and hang out with sis for a week then I would ride home and pick her at our airport. Win/Win right! Then Suz started checking flights prices and she decides she would fly down and ride back with me. She then decides that since I was going both ways anyway she would just ride there and back. I should mention that my wife has never ridden over 250 miles in one day. I suddenly had visions of taking 4 days to get there and then 4 days back on an 8 day trip.

The first day we made 552 miles checked into the hotel and instead of walking 200 feet to Wendy’s she suggested we jump back back on the bike for another 10 minute ride to the local’s favorite restaurant. The next day we went through Mobile, Al {tunnel and bridge} my wife is both claustrophobic and scared of heights but she made it through with flying colors course, she may have had her eyes closed.

My wife and I had a great time, spent time with sis, spent a few days on the beach and rode 2,258 miles. Suz has a new understanding of my love for the road and is already talking about our next big ride, she even called it her bike when talking to her sister . What can I say “I love my wife” oh yeah we have been married for over 33 years.

Also had the chance to take a few shark in shark pictures.

Ride Safe
Black Sheep

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,429 Posts
Great story, I'm glad your wife is starting to like the ride, I hope that's what works for you. Love the shark, where is that at?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have to say that's not how I thought the story was going to end! Glad you both had a great time. I can see it now, you'll be writing another story next year telling us how great she did on her own shark. This is how it begins:)

·
Registered
363 Posts
I also married 33 years. Our second date in 1979 was a 1,000 mile weekend on my XS1100. Done many 2500-3500 mile trips with my girl and she loves motorcycles. Every weekend during the summer when free she asks me "where are we going this weekend?". Never complains on our rides. Im a lucky guy.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Very cool story and pics!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The Word of God says (A man who finds a wife has found a good thing) My friend you have found a gem. Very happy for you both. Enjoy your times together.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I, like nygader, thought the story was going in another direction and I'm glad it was a happy ending. The picture is way cool

·
Registered
519 Posts
Congrats on the trip....it is a blast when the wife likes riding and long trips...I had to get my wife a sporty last year, which I triked since she felt safer and in more control being on 3 wheels instead of 2.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Very cool that you and your wife enjoyed the ride,
and especially spending time together.

My wife enjoys riding as much, maybe more than I do...
And I am savoring the time we have together, cause it's
hard to say when it will end.

I still ride with the boys and raise a little hell, but quality time
with my wife on rides puts the biggest smile on my face.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I usually try to take a long ride each year (always alone) but, was beginning to think that this year would be a bust. My wife “Suz” then decided she was going fly down see her sister so I suggested that I could ride down to Florida pick her up at the airport and hang out with sis for a week then I would ride home and pick her at our airport. Win/Win right! Then Suz started checking flights prices and she decides she would fly down and ride back with me. She then decides that since I was going both ways anyway she would just ride there and back. I should mention that my wife has never ridden over 250 miles in one day. I suddenly had visions of taking 4 days to get there and then 4 days back on an 8 day trip.

The first day we made 552 miles checked into the hotel and instead of walking 200 feet to Wendy’s she suggested we jump back back on the bike for another 10 minute ride to the local’s favorite restaurant. The next day we went through Mobile, Al {tunnel and bridge} my wife is both claustrophobic and scared of heights but she made it through with flying colors course, she may have had her eyes closed.

My wife and I had a great time, spent time with sis, spent a few days on the beach and rode 2,258 miles. Suz has a new understanding of my love for the road and is already talking about our next big ride, she even called it her bike when talking to her sister . What can I say “I love my wife” oh yeah we have been married for over 33 years.

Also had the chance to take a few shark in shark pictures.

Ride Safe
Black Sheep
Awesome!!!

What a great surprise after 33 years of marriage - congrats!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts