Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Continued

Outline objectives in order of importance:

Open floor plan (enclosed) trailer so I can haul motorcycles & my products to Motorcycle shows.
Aluminum 24’ X 8.5’ X 7’ high proven quantity built trailer.
Off grid self-contained but ability for curb side hook up.
Middle of the night urination but no hauling crap.
A/C and a comfortable removable bed that takes up little room when underway (driving).
Portable water & hot inside shower that takes up little room.
Insulated, A/C, T-8 florescent for working on bikes or shocks, LED’s, windows, screened or enclosed back area, entertainment radio and internet.

Insulated it with 1” R-6.0 Rigid foil backed Foam Insulation except for the floor after installing the following:
Dometic White Penguin Low Profile 13.5K BTU Air Conditioner.
Vents for escaping fumes and introduction of fresh air from propane heater.
2 Sliding windows up high so no perv’s can copy my patented midnight throws of passion.
Work bench front and 2X 5/8 smooth plywood glued & screwed counter top with galvanized metal cap.
A/C & DC circuity throughout with plenty of outlets inside and below floor in weather proof boxes.
Inside shower plumbing.
Spare tire rack.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Continued

Under floor 1/2" chalk mount plates & water tank. 2X 30 Gals fresh water, 12v water pump, accumulator, in line instant on detachable propane water heater, volume & diverter (shower or return to tank) valves. Through floor catch basin w/3” gray water sewer pipe to either sewer or 32 Gal portable gray water tank w/tow bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Continued

Paint the trailer to match the truck & vinyl wrap logo. I use 2 EZ-Up 10 X 10 quality pop up tents for both shows and in place of an awning because you can put up the walls for extended guest rooms, outside living room and cooking area. Works for a garage to keep the Dew off the scoot. I will be using it in the next 2 weeks or so in my back yard for a shake down run. If something does not work properly not too far from the garage to fix it.

Done.........

Attachments

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Where you going to be parked at Sturgis?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mind if I ask how much $$$ are you into this so far? I've been looking into the toy hauler scene for a bit but I think I would rather do something like this.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mind if I ask how much $$$ are you into this so far? I've been looking into the toy hauler scene for a bit but I think I would rather do something like this.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Get an aluminum trailer any way you want, new around $24K ~ $26K the way you see it empty (without the wench & leave her at home) and go from there. It was cheap if you never add up the little bills and have friends and yourself do all of the work. A Toy Hauler are much cheaper already done but not the same thing by a long shot. I am just about finishing up my truck to haul it with. My idea is Turbo Diesel, sound deadening w/sound and video for the passengers entertainment, a jack knife sofa bed in the rear for naps while rolling, and I am making a camper shell to get the wind over the trailer as I have a pick up.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Pretty damn creative. You've got your rolling workshop and a nice place to enjoy when not working. Got any pix of the lights over your work bench area? I've seen some LED "shop lights" recently that would replace the old style 4' fluorescent style lights.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Pretty damn creative. You've got your rolling workshop and a nice place to enjoy when not working. Got any pix of the lights over your work bench area? I've seen some LED "shop lights" recently that would replace the old style 4' fluorescent style lights.
I replaced the 4' fluorescent lamps in my garage - 3 assemblies with 2 bulbs each - with LEDs. It is like daytime out there now. Best lighting I have had yet in a garage. Got 'em at Lowe's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts