Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are going to ride from Huntsville, Al to Myrtle Beach for the first weekend of bike week, then we are going ride up the coast to New York. After a day or maybe 2, we will travel back thru the blue ridge mountain hwy. We are going to stop at biker hotels like Riders Roost in NC. We are going to take are time and enjoy the ride. Any thoughts or Ideas??? good suggestions?? I have never been to NY and I am just now planning. I welcome any opinions from the Shark Tank.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My plan is similar, but from the other direction. We're going to be riding down from NH that first weekend, hangin' with my son in VA for a couple of days. Hitting MB for a couple of days, then taking our time and riding back a more westerly route home.

Any route suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sound like a good trip to. I am curious if anyone has any good ideas on things to see and places to go. I am going to stop my bike in the middle of Time Square and take pictures. LOL outta be neat

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ny area plenty to do just not only NYC. Take a ride up to west point and stop at bear mountain. While you are there not too far from OCC worth a drive by anyways. Some great roads up and down the Hudson river.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Depending on how far down the Blue Ridge you're going Willville Motorcycle Campground is decent and up around Verona there's a Good Sam that has small river running along it. Get a tent site at the very end and you'll be across from this waterfall. I've also never had a bad KOA along the north side of 81 through Virginia.

Attachments

·
Registered
740 Posts
Riding through the canyons of NYC is not to be missed. Get in and get out without getting off your bike. Lincoln tunnel in, George Washington Bridge out always works for me. I go downtown to Battery Park to see the New World Trade center, Wall Street and the Statue of Liberty. Cruise uptown on Broadway to Central Park and then up west side hiway to GW Bridge.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts