Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone planning on riding down to Myrtle Beach for May bike week? about 6-8 of us are riding down from NYC. Let me know and maybe we can meet up down there.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Riding down with FIL on thursday, families caging it down with us. Be there through sunday.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I live in Surfside Beach, the next town south of Myrtle Beach, SC. If you need any help I have a shop with a lift and tools, let me know if you have any questions....
Ride Safe

·
Registered
53 Posts
Leaving the Phila Pa area on Sat May 12, taking 3 days down through the Western parts of W Va, Va, NC and SC Then over to Myrtle Beach.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool guys. Leaving NYC on thurdsday am spending night in North Carlolina then friday will be in myrtle thru monday. when it gets closer i will ask again maybe we meet up. i will be at breakers resort.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live in Surfside Beach, the next town south of Myrtle Beach, SC. If you need any help I have a shop with a lift and tools, let me know if you have any questions....
Ride Safe
definitely appreciate that! if needed i will msg you. thanx for offer.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So guys its 14 days till I leave. I am so excited its my first long haul trip with my 1st harley. So Stoked! Should be real cool because riding down with about 8 guys. Planned this event last Oct and now its here. Maybe we meet down there. Safe ride down to all going!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm heading down.. Be down first Friday.. Sister has a place in Garden City.. Probably head down the coast on the way down.. maybe back up the mountains on the way back.. See Ya'll down there... Won't be hard to pick US out.. *chucile*

·
Registered
406 Posts
Have a good time in the Grand strand, but I warn you if you act a fool especially in the Myrtle Beach area you will feel the wrath of MB law enforcement on you in a heartbeat. City officials hate bikers and therefore make the local law enforcement stay on their toes. Do not speed,rev your engine or cut through the beach side neighborhoods all that is frowned upon. Don't want to sound negative because a great time can be had ,but don;t let your hair down too much, Most of all be careful have fun and find the local merchants that support bike week.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Have a good time in the Grand strand, but I warn you if you act a fool especially in the Myrtle Beach area you will feel the wrath of MB law enforcement on you in a heartbeat. City officials hate bikers and therefore make the local law enforcement stay on their toes. Do not speed,rev your engine or cut through the beach side neighborhoods all that is frowned upon. Don't want to sound negative because a great time can be had ,but don;t let your hair down too much, Most of all be careful have fun and find the local merchants that support bike week.
I live in Surfside Beach (just south of MB) I do not go into MB City Limits at all nor do I spend any money there. All I can say is don't go there and you won't have a problem but if you do ride gently and you'll be left alone. If you show your A$$ you will most likely get a ticket or arrested, they have zero tolerance toward Bikers!!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys thanks for the words of advice. Not planning on doing anything that stupid. Looking to ride down and having some fun while there. Much Appreciated

·
Registered
32 Posts
So guys its 14 days till I leave. I am so excited its my first long haul trip with my 1st harley. So Stoked! Should be real cool because riding down with about 8 guys. Planned this event last Oct and now its here. Maybe we meet down there. Safe ride down to all going!
Same here. Just moved to upstate SC 18 months ago. Heading down with a few buddies on my new RGU on the 18-20. Haven't hit a bike week since I rode my V65 Magna up to Americade from Long Island in 1995.
That was older bike younger guy now it's the other way around.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Just got back from N. Myrtle Beach and everyone is gearing up for Bike Week. There is a bypass around Myrtle Beach..31. I didn't take it but was told its a 4 lane hwy. with no or few lights from N. Myrtle Beach to the south end. Talking to a few guys at the Harley dealer and they said Bike week there is making a big come back after being down a few years. The cops in N. Myrtle seemed pretty cool.

On a side note the dealers there were bringing in lots of inventory, I said do you sell a lot of bikes during Bike week? They said last year they sold 134 bikes in one week..lots of cagers come in for the bike shows etc. and get the bug.

·
Registered
940 Posts
We will be down there from the 16th to the 20th. Staying on the strip at the Holiday Sands South. Very nice place and they have a guarded parking garage so the bikes are safe at night. We will probably spend most of our time at Suck Bang Blow.

·
Registered
84 Posts
HWY 31 is great you can get off at NMB on the main st connector and ride south to the Harley Dealer or Barefoot Landing with all the vendors set up. Hwy 31 will take you all the way from Little River on the North End to Surfside on the South end. Hwy 22 exit off Hwy 31 will take you to the Myrtle Beach mall and they also have vendors set up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont know if we missed anything but it seemed that Bike Week was dead. We just got back and my buddies said this was nothing compared to past years. The Iron Spoke was a RV parking lot. it seemed the only vendors were at Murrels Inlet which was about a 3 city block area next to Suck Bang Blow. The only other place was Bones & Spoke which had Dragonfly and HHI. It seemed very disappointing. Let me know your thoughts if you went down or if i missed places with vendors.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I dont know if we missed anything but it seemed that Bike Week was dead. We just got back and my buddies said this was nothing compared to past years. The Iron Spoke was a RV parking lot. it seemed the only vendors were at Murrels Inlet which was about a 3 city block area next to Suck Bang Blow. The only other place was Bones & Spoke which had Dragonfly and HHI. It seemed very disappointing. Let me know your thoughts if you went down or if i missed places with vendors.
I was there with family this past weekend in the cage,the wife and I got away Saturday morning and we checked out the vendors at Barefoot Landing . Kuryaken .Performance Machine, J.P Cycles and Vance & Hines were there along with several mom and pop vendors.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts