Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time going to Myrtle. does any body know where is the best place to stay that is close to every thing. I know it not in the town of myrtle
in the area of Grand Strand.

·
Registered
398 Posts
i stay in west MB ***lol AKA conway ....not too far , but close to everything if you wanna ride within 30 minutes to north myrtle ,surfside ,garden city , and all in between.....just all depends on what ya looking for ........

·
Registered
784 Posts
I stayed at the red roof inn on Kings Highway last year. It was also my first time there. It's right down the street from the Harley dealer and just a short ride to Murells Inlet where all the bars are. I will probably stay there again this year

·
Registered
39 Posts
I will be down there from May 16 - 20. I will be staying at the north end of Myrtle (not North Myrtle) cause I have a free room. This will be my 3rd trip. I suggest staying near Sunset Beach or Murrels Inlet area. Most of the rally action is down at that end, such as SBB (Suck Bang Blow). SBB has two spots within a couple of miles from each other. Plus the Beaver Bar is across SBB Murrels. Take a day and ride up to HB Spokes and Barefoot Landing. Also, do forget to stop off at Caption Poo's. Awesome little bar. PM if you have any questions.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I will be down there from May 16 - 20. I will be staying at the north end of Myrtle (not North Myrtle) cause I have a free room. This will be my 3rd trip. I suggest staying near Sunset Beach or Murrels Inlet area. Most of the rally action is down at that end, such as SBB (Suck Bang Blow). SBB has two spots within a couple of miles from each other. Plus the Beaver Bar is across SBB Murrels. Take a day and ride up to HB Spokes and Barefoot Landing. Also, do forget to stop off at Caption Poo's. Awesome little bar. PM if you have any questions.

Good advice on the visits! Swing Bridge and Captain Poo's rocks and hit the right day and you get a free fish fry that is awesome! Me and the ol lady will be down thursday of the second weekend. We usually stay North Myrtle and hit 31 to go between All the hotspots missing Myrtle but may stay south this time. Haven't had issues in Myrtle since all the hullabulloo and i won't let anyone tell me where i'm not wanted! I still think it's a pretty good time even though its much smaller than it used to be. We'll be cozying up to a rocking chair at the Beaver or SBB to watch the goings on :).

·
Registered
505 Posts
I live here just south of MB, if you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask.....Come on down to the Grand Strand Bike Rally.....

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
My favorite place is the Hampton Inn in Murrels Inlet. Hotel is only 3 years old. Close to the original SBB, easy access to 17 and the 31 bypass of MB. Also like the fact that there is a Carrabba's across the parking lot for drinks and food.

Unfortunately my daughter graduates from Duke the 2nd weekend, so I most likely will not be there this year. Usually go the first weekend, but the last several times I've gone then it was dead.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Just don't sleep,or eat in MB,stay South or North of MB,. You can still have fun there but the local MB police and politicians treat and look at Bikers as though they are all terrorist. Stay off the side streets,that run through neighborhoods,OBEY ALL traffic rules even the ones made up just for Bike Week. Keep in mind also MB has a noise ordinance just for motorcycles.There are many,many,great bars,grills and restaurants in the Grand strand watch out for the drunks and all the stupid people and have a blast. You can still have fun but it ain't nothing like it used to be.

·
Registered
39 Posts
myrtle beach

This is my first time going to Myrtle. does any body know where is the best place to stay that is close to every thing. I know it not in the town of myrtle
in the area of Grand Strand.
Was there two years ago when they had the helmet law in Myrtle Beach, I read that that has now since been removed due to a law suit. Anyways most of the action is at Murrells Inlet. South of Myrtle Beach. Nice area and a nice ride down to Charleston South Carolina about another hour and a half south.

Steelhead

·
Registered
207 Posts
We're headed down the last weekend. Will be my first time there with a bike. Along with all the negative press, I've also heard a lot of good things about it, and am REALLY looking forward to it!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Was there two years ago when they had the helmet law in Myrtle Beach, I read that that has now since been removed due to a law suit. Anyways most of the action is at Murrells Inlet. South of Myrtle Beach. Nice area and a nice ride down to Charleston South Carolina about another hour and a half south.

Steelhead
The SC Supreme Court over ruled MB helmet law,basically saying local law cannot supersede State law,though the noise ordinance is very much still enforced,just be careful not to over rev because those cops come out of the woodwork

·
Registered
784 Posts
It should be a good time. I heard that Myrtle in supporting the rally this year so they should have more biker-friendly areas than last year. I still won't give any of my money to those ass holes. There are some restaurants in Myrtle that support bikers. They won't be afraid to let you know it either. They usually have huges signs that say "Bikers Welcomed"

·
Registered
940 Posts
We are staying at Holiday Sands South on the strip. Great view with great rates and they have a guarded parking garage so no one will mess with the bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts