Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Natchez Trace Need Advice

Exploring the idea of leading a HOG group on a week long trip from Houston, TX to ride Natchez Trace to Nashville and looking for some local intel. Never been on the Trace and other than the ride itself, what sightseeing opportunities would be interesting to stop along the way and check out? Looked at some of the websites, but wanted that "biker" perspective...(good food, scenic overlooks and other cool "must see" roadside stops). Looking at taking the first day from Natchez to overnight in Tupelo, the second day on up to Nashville to spend two nights. Spend a day in Nashville, with maybe a trip down to Lynchburg to the Jack Daniels Distillery. Should I plan longer on the Trace or is two days enough to see all the "interesting" stuff that might appeal to a group of folks. What should I definitely check out while in Natchez, Tupelo, and Nashville?

Any good routes back down to SE TX from Nashville? If anyone has good advice with that as well, would like to stay off the super slab if possible, that would be awesome.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I suggest you stop in Muscle Shoals. See the movie first. Amazing music history. Lots of old dinners. 2 days on the trace is plenty. Remember it's a park. No speeding. Several places to stop and bathroom and take pictures. Nashville in my opinion is not the most biker friendly place but cool all the same.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There's a lot to see along the Trace depending on what's interesting to you and the other riders. Mostly historic with some nice views along the way.

Natchez to Jackson is a straight 2 hour trip and then Jackson to Tupelo is another 3-1/2 hours. The speed limit is your limiting factor and there are several Park Rangers patrolling along the way that will write you a nice expensive ticket. You can go 50 to 55 without too much worry above 55 is a gamble on their mood.

There are no gas stations on the Trace, you will have to plan to exit off of the Trace for gas stops. However, most of the gas stations are no more than a 1/2 mile off the Trace.

Road condition is nice and smooth two-lane with no commercial traffic. It can be a set the cruse control and relax type ride and soak up the woods and countryside. Mostly flat riding with just a few long sweeping curves.

Natchez has some good food and historic sights, while Tupelo is like any other small city with the usual cuisine.

I'd be happy to help answer your planning questions; you can contact me at [email protected]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Napier road is a nice road. Go west on it. It's between collinwood and holenwald. Scenic and curves if you like that. At the end take a right to holenwald and hop back on the trace.

At the end if the trace you will be at Lovelace cafe. That's a great eat, must do.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Windsor ruins is close by. Looki it up its on the southern ms end.

Waterloo, al is a nice ride in. Good little mom and pop cafe there. Burgers and fries, right beside the gas station. You will have to look close

·
Registered
89 Posts
Natchez Trace Parkway

One of the best kept secrets in motorcycling in my opinion. I rode the trace from Natchez, Mississippi to Nashville in 2013 after riding the Louisiana Bayou. Stopped in Tupelo to visit the Elvis Birthplace and Museum. Well maintained, two-lane roadway and no commercial traffic allowed. 50mph is the speed limit. At the end of the trace on State Highway 100, be sure to stop at Loveless Cafe for a meal. Best breakfasts in Nashville with plenty of home-made biscuits.

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1423332801.133452.jpg

Every Sunday about 20 miles north of Jackson on the trace we gather at Radcliffe ferry for lunch and bike meet. Stop by. Food and gas there too??

·
Registered
32 Posts
If your going to go tour the Jack Daniels distillery I recommend you should run over and tour the George Dickel distillery also, it's not to far from Lynchburg and its more of an old world , home town distillery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts