Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ride the Trace out of Nashville all the time, beautiful road. We ran it on sportbikes all the time back in the day, but then the bicyclists kind of took it over and it got a little hairy. but now on the rg I can just cruise those sweepers with not much worries. The biscuits in Loveless are the bizness!

·
Registered
723 Posts
I took a 5 day road trip last month and spent 2 days on the trace. I road it from bottom to top., I have ridden it before but never made it more that 1/2 way either direction before I had to take another route.

Its a 9 hour ride if you don't count breaks, gas, food, wild life...
It could easily be streatched into 2 full days if you look at the sites.

·
Registered
116 Posts
We live close to the trace and ride part of it all the time. Its a stress free ride and makes a good weekend trip. Lots of interesting information along the trace if you take the time to stop and read up on it

·
Registered
941 Posts
The Natchez trace is one of the must rides. Did the N-trace in early spring of '08 on a 10 day ride with six other riders out of north Florida. I was riding my hopped up 2000 Deuce. Timing was deliberate before schools let out. Cool temps, trees in early foleage, flowers in bloom. Lovely.

Entered the N-trace about 30 miles after its SW start. Rode those 30 miles and headed back so we riders could say FWIW "we road every mile of the 500 mile N-trace."

2,500 miles later, and back home, started thinking seriously about an FL. I had ridden an FL from Tulsa to Santa Fe, and another in Hawaii. Then I tried the FLTR and bought it with the long ride in mind.

The Deuce is great for the in-town short ride. Day rides and tours are now on the Road Glide.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
We passed the southern end of the trace passing through Natchez on the Gypsy tour. From a glance it looked like a nice road and peaked my interest but I've had conflicting reports. Some say it's a must ride, some say they did it once glad they did it but would never do it again, still others say they could only take so much and had to get off. I may return to New Orleans around the first of September, if I do I think I'll check it out then. It'll add more time then miles due to the speed limit cause its only about 50 miles further.

Only being about 170 miles from Nashville though the Loveless Cafe is something I've really been wanting to check out :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you have the time, and are passing through AL, stop in at Natchez Trace H-D. They opened earlier this year, have a great crew, and makes for a great stop. Highly recommended!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts