Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
So I entered a trip, completed it, and she keeps giving me directions! "Recalculating, make a U-turn...."
Using the joystick while on the map screen go to the right until you get to the menu icon. Click on it and you should see a menu item that says "Stop".

·
Registered
260 Posts
I won't chime in on my thoughts of the NAV capabilities because I am not a fan. However, I do have a couple of questions that may make my use of the NAV a little more tolerable:

1) Can you turn off the voice prompts so that you don't have the break in music when directions are being given?
2) Is there anyway to display a clock or an ETA for the destination?
3) Is there a way to display and use the NAV without playing a music source? I feel like the music is on by default and I have to mute the music source just to have the NAV on display?

I probably should read the manual.

-c

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Lower your volume thru the feedback settings as flhtcm suggested and you will no longer hear the annoying voice and your radio volume will not be affected

·
Registered
313 Posts
So I entered a trip, completed it, and she keeps giving me directions! "Recalculating, make a U-turn...."
On mine I was having a similar problem; as soon as I got to my destination it started giving me more directions. Turns out there is a setting to calculate a round trip. Somehow (I don't know how) I managed to turn that function on. So as soon as I got to where I was going, it started to send me back to where I started from. I turned that option off in the settings and haven't had the problem since.

·
Registered
313 Posts
2) Is there anyway to display a clock or an ETA for the destination?
-c
With the map displayed (not during a trip) there are two selections in the bottom corners of the display. If you navigate to these, you can change what is displayed there, using the joy stick. I usually keep my lefthand one showing speed and the right hand one showing the clock.

With the map displayed during the trip, I only have the righthand one available to change. You can select ETA, Miles to Destination, etc. I think there are 8 different selections to choose from.

I probably should read the manual.
-c
That's what I finally had to do. When all else fails; RTFM.

·
Registered
741 Posts
With the map displayed (not during a trip) there are two selections in the bottom corners of the display. If you navigate to these, you can change what is displayed there, using the joy stick. I usually keep my lefthand one showing speed and the right hand one showing the clock.

With the map displayed during the trip, I only have the righthand one available to change. You can select ETA, Miles to Destination, etc. I think there are 8 different selections to choose from.

That's what I finally had to do. When all else fails; RTFM.
Great, now I don't have to read the manual! Thanks!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Great, now I don't have to read the manual! Thanks!
Yea, every time I'm on a trip I think "I've got to figure out how to add the clock".....now I don't need to read the manual either :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts