Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's probably something simple but I mapped out a ride with Ride Planner and it only took me to the first of thirteen points along my route. At that location the Nav said "You've reached your destination." I was unable to find any way to continue with my planned route.
When I first started the bike, I selected my saved ride (mapped out on my laptop at home the night before) and the Nav shows the entire length as 185 miles. Once I arrived at the first location, 25 miles along the route, my ride ended. Frustrating but I'd like to figure this out. Any help is appreciated.
This is on a 2019 FLTRU, so it's the latest version.
link to Ocala National Forest ride:
https://maps.harley-davidson.com/map/rides/4YCkCnHJt/preview

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, start bike, go to Home - Nav - Destinations/H-D App - Ocala National Forest, 185.2 (from Daniel's iPhone)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I've only messed with it in the garage so I'm not much help. But I did download the rides I have saved to my HD profile to the radio. That's about as far as I've gotten with it till I start using for longer rides in the spring.

I just went and look and it's listed the same as you said. Even the (Craig's iPhone part)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not sure how much help this is. When planning your trip on the ride planer make sure you place a ton of wave points along the route you want to take, other wise your bike will figure out its own way to your destination point. I took a long tour around Montana this summer simply because I had the gps in scenic mode. 480 miles instead of the 220 planed. Also as a tip you can delete your wave points while you are on your trip. That way you are always heading in the correct direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Perhaps, only because I've seen/done this before, as I was creating a route I started with my start/end addresses and then would proceed to add location I noticed it would always put the next step after my destination order. Maybe it took your destination address and placed closer in order from your start. Maybe. Just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
There are several threads here on this topic. Search and I'd guess you'll find the answer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Buzzy, I have searched and was unable to come up with an answer.
NorthlandRider, aware of that but I'm not real comfortable with this yet. I am playing and learning as I go.
Paul's Road Glide, yes, it took me several tries to get this mapped out as I first tried it with the start and finish. Then I found that adding points just made more work, having to move each of the previous every time I added another.

I am trying another ride tomorrow; see how that goes. I'll be off line for a couple weeks so no replies from me.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I have been "learning" using the HD Ride Planner for 4 yrs now.
First, Let me say it is not user friendly, but being computer literate, so its the best way for me to load gps routes into the Nav system. I don't know the differences between the new system and the old one, but Iam sure there are many/some.
Make sure your way points are exactly on the roadway. Go back to each one and enlarge the screen to max to be sure.
As was said, just because its a long straight, make sure you have way points. The developers have other ideas about routes.
And make sure you check the box to avoid non paved roads....WTF are dirt roads doing on a HD route planner when we are talking about 900+lbs touring bikes? I learned that Sunday, will leading a group on a 125 mile route home.

What Iam trying to say...…..I can't help ya:laugh:

·
Registered
718 Posts
It's probably something simple but I mapped out a ride with Ride Planner and it only took me to the first of thirteen points along my route. At that location the Nav said "You've reached your destination." I was unable to find any way to continue with my planned route.
When I first started the bike, I selected my saved ride (mapped out on my laptop at home the night before) and the Nav shows the entire length as 185 miles. Once I arrived at the first location, 25 miles along the route, my ride ended. Frustrating but I'd like to figure this out. Any help is appreciated.
This is on a 2019 FLTRU, so it's the latest version.
link to Ocala National Forest ride:
https://maps.harley-davidson.com/map/rides/4YCkCnHJt/preview
You can only have waypoints between your start and end locations/places. You can right click on the intermediate places and change them to waypoints along your route. I find this annoying, but that is how the GPS and mapping software seems to work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have changed all of the intermediate locations to way points for tomorrow’s ride. All should go well... (fingers crossed). Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts