Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I successfully did the USB initialization from my boombox as direct by the manual.
I registered on naviextras, downloaded the app and inserted the USB to check for updates.
The app recognized the USB as a boombox extension and downloaded a free update on the USB (img file)
Put the USB back in the bike with ACC and radio on, the boombox start the update procedure and then after a little I get the message “navierror_notanavcontent”
Any suggestion? I would not like to spend top money for a map update when I get issue even with a free update.....
Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
guessing only; There was no navigation file update available that time. Try it now again. HD published a nav-file in March.

Michael
Ride a lot and keep the rubber always down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Updates on NaviExtras will only work on Windows systems and not MAC. You have to download and use their "toolbox" to update. Unavailable for MAC as far as I can tell. Anyone know different? WTF???

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I resuming this discussion because I’m fighting again trying to update the map.
I made again the usb drive initialization, one more time the toolbox downloaded the useless update that give the infamous error “navierror_notanavcontent”.
this time I paid also for the update, the toolbox prompted that there was ”an important update” (the map) and started the procedure...... 12 hours ago, with the hard drive running as hell, computer not frozen but just the toolbox upload prompt being blank and not processing anything.
this is the first and last time I try to update the boombox, if money is asked to provide a service I expect that to be foolproof and smooth as silk. I’m not used to bash HD, but this time I have to say they could have done the outsource to naviextras in a better way

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got trough......
At midnight I decided to extract the usb drive (windows procedure of course) and push it back in, it immediately prompt for the update and started the download as supposed on 1st instance.
Following the download I understood that “the useless file” is the map installer, the error was given because that was no map at that time.
Went to the bike, turn Accessory On with the battery tender attached (update will take more than 1 hour) and waited for the boombox and nav to be fully started before connecting the USB.
Once connected the USB took 1-2 min to be recognized and than prompted for the update.
The update is a single package and will take more than 1 hour to go, once completed you’ll be asked to remove the USB and the boombox will restart automatically.
Map version now show 2020.
I have to remark again that this update process is a PITA if compared with one I use for the Garmin Zumo on my Dyna, that is a plug and play, the HD one is a Plug and Prey......

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Updates on NaviExtras will only work on Windows systems and not MAC. You have to download and use their "toolbox" to update. Unavailable for MAC as far as I can tell. Anyone know different? WTF???
Got trough......
At midnight I decided to extract the usb drive (windows procedure of course) and push it back in, it immediately prompt for the update and started the download as supposed on 1st instance.
Following the download I understood that “the useless file” is the map installer, the error was given because that was no map at that time.
Went to the bike, turn Accessory On with the battery tender attached (update will take more than 1 hour) and waited for the boombox and nav to be fully started before connecting the USB.
Once connected the USB took 1-2 min to be recognized and than prompted for the update.
The update is a single package and will take more than 1 hour to go, once completed you’ll be asked to remove the USB and the boombox will restart automatically.
Map version now show 2020.
I have to remark again that this update process is a PITA if compared with one I use for the Garmin Zumo on my Dyna, that is a plug and play, the HD one is a Plug and Prey......

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Yeah, fully agree, an absolute P I T A until you discover the hard way that it won’t work with a Mac environment..... totally absurd process

1 - 7 of 7 Posts