Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to use my cell phone as navigation before I decide to if I want to buy a stand alone GPS, what navigation apps for Android you recomend?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I use the google maps navigation software on my razrHD. Works well and can use both gps satellite and cell towers for geolocation. A waterproof case that allows you to keep it charging would be a huge plus. Battery life is poor at best with the screen on constantly. Will probably upgrade to a dedicated gps like the road tech at some point.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I live and die by google maps it is my go to.. Now if I get a Iphone I am going to have to go to something else only because it doesnt work well with the iphone.

But you have andriod Google Maps is great..

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I use a Garmin Zumo 650 on Hester, but when on business trips in a rent-a-cage, I use Google Maps.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I like Navigon myself and it's a product of Garmin.
Same here. Been using it for a few years and many miles. Great GPS product.
Are you guys using the paid or free version? How well does it work when off-line? I like Google maps but frequently go where there's no cell phone service which renders it fairly useless.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Are you guys using the paid or free version? How well does it work when off-line? I like Google maps but frequently go where there's no cell phone service which renders it fairly useless.
I am using the paid version. You do not need cell service for the GPS to work as the maps are downloaded to your phone and it works off the GPS Satellites.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts