Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Kendall Johnson Customs- 336-748-3833. Just had my engine done and I'm more than pleased. They're located in Winston Salem. It's well worth the ride. Tell them Richard Pittman sent you.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HogWild. Just asking. What work did you have? Just curious. I'm wanting more performance without losing ability to ride all year and no issues

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I haven't had work done by T-Man Performance but I have talked to them on the phone, answered my questions without trying to sell me on something, actually talked me out of going down one path I was considering. Pretty good rep locally, here's a link to contact them: http://tmanperformance.com/services/other-services-available/. They're in Kernersville NC, between Greensboro & Winston Salem.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Jesse at Busted Knuckle in Walnut Cove, N.C 336-591-8600 North of Winston Salem just follow Hwy 311..used to work for Kendal Johnson, reasonable rates, extremely good people skills , he is as honest as the day is long, he won't sell you a load of crap, only what you want or what you need. T-Man is in my hometown and will suck you dry, I know of a more that one of his customers that got what they wanted and paid big money and turn around and made feel they were always bothering him and I was a witness on one of their visits. I know T-man is good , but maybe he has a serious personality disorder.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Engine work done right

The performance center at Ray Price HD is one of the best in NC. They are very good about standing behind their work and making sure your happy with the outcome. Call and talk to Bruce Downs and he will steer you in the right direction as far as power verses reliability is concerned. They can handle any performance upgrade you decide to do.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
HogWild. Just asking. What work did you have? Just curious. I'm wanting more performance without losing ability to ride all year and no issues

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I asked for the same thing. Performance without sacrificing my touring abilities. I had a 106 Stroker done to my 96. Came out with about 95 HP and 119TQ. I'm very satisfied. I'd have gotten my HP if I had the heads done also but really no more TQ. It wasn't worth the extra money... I also called T-Man performance but they were way more expensive. WAY MORE!!!. I told them what I was looking to do and the price range it was gonna cost and they told me they couldn't get anywhere near that. The guys at Kendall's really know what they're doing. Tell them Richard Pittman sent you. They'll remember my orange RG. Two of them wanted to buy it when I was there.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
T-Man is as good as any, better than most. (IMO one of the best in the industry!)

TR is very busy, not in a personality contest.

I would use him again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
406 Posts
If I am spending my money,,it is a personality contest,,especially when there are at least 3 other people in his back yard that can do it just as good especially when all your building a street bike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts