Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '16 Road Glide Ultra had the water pump and thermostat changed in August 2018. Again this year in August 2019 I had the thermostat replaced after a coolant leak was discovered on a ride. I've had the bike back a week and I got the dreaded engine check and temp lights. I had rode about 45 minutes and stopped for about 15 minutes. Got back on the bike and the lights came on after less than 5 minutes. I shut the bike off for a few minutes. Started it up again, the lights remained on. After about 5 minutes the lights went out. The fans were never on.

Any ideas why the lights would come on then turn off? I'm at wits end with this bike.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
My '16 Road Glide Ultra had the water pump and thermostat changed in August 2018. Again this year in August 2019 I had the thermostat replaced after a coolant leak was discovered on a ride. I've had the bike back a week and I got the dreaded engine check and temp lights. I had rode about 45 minutes and stopped for about 15 minutes. Got back on the bike and the lights came on after less than 5 minutes. I shut the bike off for a few minutes. Started it up again, the lights remained on. After about 5 minutes the lights went out. The fans were never on.

Any ideas why the lights would come on then turn off? I'm at wits end with this bike.
Sounds like it had air in the system. The when the coolant warmed up enough to open the thermostat, it purged the air.

First thing that should be checked is the coolant system pressure when the motor is cold. Make sure it's not pumping combustion pressure into the system.

Past that, it needs to have that original style pump system removed and the kit installed with the new style pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts