Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2110 RG switched to heritage bars no cables replacements, now I need 4 more inches to get comfortable.. I'm sure I will have to replace the clutch cable ,brake line, throttle control and heated grips wire with longer ones,my concern about doing this myself is bleeding the abs brake line , is this something that the average wrench can do or do I need dealer to get it right?
Thanks !!

·
Registered
141 Posts
four inches higher or four inches further back?

·
Registered
141 Posts
take a look at the Helibars I just posted.......they set me right where I wanted to be and they are fully adjustible.......and there were no cable changes...just had to reroute the clutch cable.....another way might be some dogbone risers but most likely that would need cable changes.........

·
Registered
8 Posts
Waiting on my Flanders G2 pullback bars for FLTRI

FF, you might want to check out the Road Glide bars by Flanders. My G2 bars in black powder coat should be here any day now. I'm thinking they'll work perfect for me. 16" of pullback. Sounds like a lot but I'm thinking I'll be able to tilt the bars up a tad if it's too much but it should be fine: Great customer service at Flanders. I won't be able to test ride for a while but I'll post photos once they're installed. Link below to the bars:

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/AmericanMotorcycles/Handlebars/More_HD/RoadGlide.html

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Regarding ABS brake system bleeding: I've been told a stealership needs to electronically reset ABS system after bleeding. This is per a friend with a 2010 Ultra Limited w/ ABS.

What I don't know is how well the brakes will work after you bleed them while riding to shop for ABS reset, but since the system just engages in tire-slidding situations I would think the brakes should work but no ABS function until reset.

Let us know what you discover?

Have you checked out the ergo bars by Klockwerks. Their 3" taller & pulled back 1".

·
Registered
116 Posts
This is correct you do need and eletric reset.. I would find a way to not ride it after. as the system also controls parts of the speed sensor too.

Its a quick simple and easy computer set up. Shoudlnt take longer then and hour for all techs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts