Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

Due to my change in housing I now will be storing my bike at a co workers house for the time being. I also will not have enclosed parking at my new condo. I am looking for a bike cover that will be good when in storage and also offer some protection from the elements when I have her at the condo. I do not want to buy 2 covers but will spend money on a good quality cover.

Thanks for looking, T.J.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have a 'no logo' full dress Harley brand cover available.
$75 plus shipping.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nice Covers

I have a Dowco cover for mine. It has a zippered rear area so you can access you tour pack or saddle bags without removing it. Also can put it on when the bike is hot without melting it.
Also has a strap across the bottom to hold in on it the wind gets bad.
Just "Google" Dowco and you will find them. I think ours came from Motorcycle Super Store.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Good Morning,

Due to my change in housing I now will be storing my bike at a co workers house for the time being. I also will not have enclosed parking at my new condo. I am looking for a bike cover that will be good when in storage and also offer some protection from the elements when I have her at the condo. I do not want to buy 2 covers but will spend money on a good quality cover.

Thanks for looking, T.J.
I'm looking for a good one too. I had a Harley Cover for my Ultra Glide. It was a good cover that could be mounted when hot or cold. It was a great cover. But it would not fit.

I'm looking for one that is guaranteed to fit the Road Glide, but not be just a Tent.

If you find one that fits, but does not cost like a house, please PM me.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Any cover for a Goldwing will work. Cover all the way to the ground for sitting outside.:D

·
Registered
298 Posts
I bought the harley one, best $100 I've ever spent

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Does it fit over the Shark Nose?
Does it fit with the Tour Pak?
What is the Harley Part Number?
I bought the harley one, best $100 I've ever spent

·
Registered
27 Posts
HD makes three different covers to fit the Road Glide and Road Glide Ultra. Go to the HD site (http://www.harley-davidson.com/shop/motorcycle-parts-accessories), enter your year/model details and search the Security & Storage section. I use the day cover on my RGU because it packs small but since you're looking for a full cover they make those as well. And yes it fits over the shark nose and under the tour pak.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
That will work on all RG's, though not pack friendly, we use an old rain fly for sun and overnight dew protection, but we ARE US

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have a Harley full dresser cover but found out (after several years of use) it is just too bulky and too hard to fold up and stuff into the all too easily ripped container. I switched to a full cover from Western Power Sports. Completely covers my full dress RG. You don't need to fold it. Just wad it up and stuff it into it's bag. Takes up a third the room in your saddle bag. Very durable and rainproof yet allows your bike to cool down without condensation forming on it.

They run about $40-$5, have no Harley logo on them (provides some image protection BECAUSE there is no Harley logo)
http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mSGd8XVIKvQYTA4-tORKelQ.jpg
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
I second the sknz. I use it every day. Has grommets in the back for the antennae. Packs real small. Not 100% waterproof but worked real well in a downpour. Seat stayed dry. Windshield was moist and so was the tour pak.

·
Registered
432 Posts
"Not 100% waterproof but worked real well in a downpour. Seat stayed dry. Windshield was moist and so was the tour pak."

I have the Skin-it half cover for traveling and find the same thing; soaks up water. When you leave the hotel in the morning, you'll either be rolling it up wet, or hanging it in the room to dry. It does fit great though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts