Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna replace my stock forks with black ones. I have already had the stockers off once to install intiminators. Getting them back together without the proper fork holding jig was a bitch plain & simple. Does anyone on SoCal have a bench vise set up to gently but firmly hold a fork tube??? If so, can I stop by long enough to assemble both tubes?? TIA
PS I'll bring your beer of choice!

·
Registered
578 Posts
don't do it that way ... keep the forks on the tree to loosen the top cap... then loosen the bolts on the tree to take the forks off. do the same thing when putting them back on.

then you won't need a vise grip.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK I see what you're saying that trying to get the snake back in the can, can be done easily with the forks in the tree!?!

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
I was gonna suggest Nutter's setup, but you're already well acquainted with the way he treats vice-mounted devices.:D I'll buzz him up for you if you still want to try and cover the snake with the can.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I think I would rather assemble them off the bike. That way I can leave the bars alone and not have to work around the fairing. It'll be a couple of weeks till i am ready due to my travel schedule.
Thanks, Ron!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts