Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mine was replaced on my 2012 after 15 months. Soon as my warranty is up gonna put something else in its place

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Chances are if its in for warranty replacement they will replace it with a "refurbished" unit. Not uncommon but id start considering looking into an aftermarket unit which is better suited for expansion ie: speakers and amps. Just a thought :) the display on mine if cutting off but everything still works. When its completely dead i will be going aftermarket

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mine was replaced by the dealer at the on year mark this Sept. The back-light died but everything else worked ok. Glad it had a 2 year warranty not the 1yr like HD used to have.

·
Registered
875 Posts
mine starting having display issues about a year old. Around 1.5 years MOCO replaced with refurb unit, I rode it home, ordered a Sony..Refurbed pulled and put in box and now sits on the shelf. Aftermarket much better sound quality, lacks in the display area. Can't see it from sitting position.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Wifes 2013 had to be replaced after a few months radio wouldn't work everything else worked fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Simple question that I need an opinion from veteran gliders

Ok here we go, I am new to this site as well as a new road glide owner. I am just now getting into the stereo and speaker upgrades because factory is junk which I think a lot would agree. May be a dumb question I have but like I said I am new to the whole road glide thing... Question is; If I am just going to upgrade my factory speakers to a 6.5" speaker do I need to run an amp ? I know an amp is always better but wondering if I can go without one for a while and still get atleast a better sound by running the 6.5's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i put the j&m speakers and 500 watt amp on my RG but the amp failed at 7 months and two speakers are bad at 8 months so i would not go with j&m products also they will not replace the amp under warranty --- i have an extended warranty for my RG with Harley good till Oct 2019 so i may just keep letting them replace radios:)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Ok here we go, I am new to this site as well as a new road glide owner. I am just now getting into the stereo and speaker upgrades because factory is junk which I think a lot would agree. May be a dumb question I have but like I said I am new to the whole road glide thing... Question is; If I am just going to upgrade my factory speakers to a 6.5" speaker do I need to run an amp ? I know an amp is always better but wondering if I can go without one for a while and still get atleast a better sound by running the 6.5's.
I have the HD Boom speakers and it works good with the right windshield, I have hear it fine at 90 MPH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts