Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Road Glide standard. When i bought the bike i ordered an Ultra seat and just got it today. The seat sits me up on the tank and smashes my you know. I need a seat that sits me farther back. Any suggestions would help. Going to the dealer in the morning to return seat and try some other seats. Maybe after market like Corbin would be better I do not know. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Research

I have been researching and Mustang makes a summit touring seat that moves you back 1.75 inches. Thinking of that one maybe. Going to the HD dealer this morning and maybe I will check out the HD tallboy seat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had my seat redone by Mean City cycles. Check out their site, tons of options to customize your seat to fit exactly the way you want. I had my seat on my 2012 dropped and pushed back. really gave me the feelin of sitting in the bike. you have to send it to them but I had an extra seat at the time> nice people to work with.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Another Mustang owner here. I put 27000+ miles on my last seat on a '13 RGC. I just bought a '16 RGU and I'm looking at a heated Mustang seat this time. I here good things about the Tallboy and DLL. I went with the Mustang because it is wider. Good luck.

·
Registered
317 Posts
There are a lot of seats that push you back from stock.

My problem was the HD driver back rest pushed me further forward.

Bought a used Corbin 2 up "Solo" tourer. Too far back for me.

Finally tested 5 different Mustangs at Laconia Rally last week. 4 of those I was considering, all too far back. Ended up with a separate solo, and pillion. Which I had not been considering for online purchase.

So, I would suggest you test. Visit dealerships that offer different seats, and sit away !

Reactions: Djtman

·
Registered
248 Posts
C&C seats
Real comfortable
Any cover you could imagine
Great customer Service
Reasonable price
Fairly quick production
No attitude
Lots of options
Built exactly to your request

Put one on my wife's bike the day before a 10,000 trip, she could not have been happier

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a Danny Grey AIRHAWK BigSeat with BackRest Receiver AND matching pillion Asking $550 + S/H...

Chaz

·
Registered
927 Posts
I recommend LePera.

FYI there are some good threads about seats. It was from them I decided to get a LePera seat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Send your seat out and just about any seat fabricator can scoop out the back and give you an extra 2+" of leg room. I did that with my '13 CVO RG Custom Anniversary and love the difference. The seat maker Thrasher Seats in Orlando) refoamed the inside of the seat with a closed cell foam and gel insert and covered the top with ostrich pleather and used blue stitch to match the pin-striping of the paint job. All for around $200. That included the passenger pylon (bitch seat) and the back rest to match. Best $200 I have spent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts