Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have narrowed it down 2 these two?
Le Pera Maverick w/ backrest OR Mustang One-Piece Summit Seat w/backrest

Looking for Comments with reasons. I'm 5'11".... I mostly ride on long trips. Once a month I take a 3-4 day weekend and usually put 1700+ miles on the bike. I borrowed a Saddlemen Road Sofa and the seat was too narrow.. Firmness was good but just no moving around... The stock seat basically sucks... I'm planning to take an 12 day trip out west at the end July and would like not to have to take the Saddlemen

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I love Mustang seats, in fact I just bought another one from a fellow forum member this week. I sometimes ride distances also, and the Mustang has always been a seat that I can go all day and not be sore. Of course everyone is not the same and opinions vary.

·
Registered
927 Posts
After reading the forum reviews, I purchased a custom LePera Monterey. I could not be happier with my choice.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Riderduke, I have a LePera Maverick Stitched with Rider Backrest and have to say it is a very well constructed seat.
I haven't had the opportunity to take a ride with it yet, just finishing up all my winter mods but sitting on it it is a firm but comfortable seat.
I got mine on eBay from Performance Machines for a great price.
It's worth searching eBay to see if you are as lucky as I was if that's the seat you decide to go with.
Hope this helps.
Best of Luck on Your decision.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I loved the Mustang I put on my old EGC. Put a hammock on this one, no complaints whatsoever, the wife likes it better. Done a couple 500 mile days with no issues, with 300-400 the day before and after. I liked the Mustang slightly better, but like I said no complaints at all about the hammock. It just seemed like they used my ass for the mold on the mustang.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have a Mustang Summit with driver backrest. 500 mile days no problem. The seat will move you back from the stock location around 2 inches. That's why I like it so much. I just purchased a heated Harley Hammock seat also for the wife to keep her tush warm on cold days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Might you be interested in my HD signature Series Solo Seat?
Ill make you a good deal.
Take a look.
http://www.roadglide.org/106-parts-sale/320634-hd-signature-series-solo-seat.html

I love the seat, very comfy but sat me up too high for my taste.
The passenger pillion which isn't very expensive is very comfy as well.
The seat is 16 inches wide I believe. Stock is 14 I think.
So far I'm not a fan of HD seats. I find them too soft. I'll get by my dealer this weekend and check that seat out and see how I like it and check out the passenger seat. What would be shipping to 22407?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come by the house Ill let you try the summit out...
And what is your day looking like on Sunday? Can you squeeze me in, in the morning or afternoon? Oh Hell I'll even do the evening... Beggars can't be choosers...lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
So far I'm not a fan of HD seats. I find them too soft. I'll get by my dealer this weekend and check that seat out and see how I like it and check out the passenger seat. What would be shipping to 22407?
It is cushy but very comfortable and well made. I had no problems riding all day on it and wouldnt hesitate to take it cross country.
If you like the seat let me know.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
And what is your day looking like on Sunday? Can you squeeze me in, in the morning or afternoon? Oh Hell I'll even do the evening... Beggars can't be choosers...lol
You're really asking for it..Mothers Day?...lol

·
Registered
997 Posts
Mustang seat

I am with you on the HD seats. I bought a Heated Hammock and tried it out. It was horrible compared to the Mustang Summit. So I bought a Heated Mustang Summit seat and returned the Hammock. So now I have 2 Summit seats. They are worth the money I think.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am with you on the HD seats. I bought a Heated Hammock and tried it out. It was horrible compared to the Mustang Summit. So I bought a Heated Mustang Summit seat and returned the Hammock. So now I have 2 Summit seats. They are worth the money I think.
Wanna sell the non-heated seat?.... Hey its worth a try!:grin:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think I have narrowed it down 2 these two?
Le Pera Maverick w/ backrest OR Mustang One-Piece Summit Seat w/backrest

Looking for Comments with reasons. I'm 5'11"....
I'm 6', 250. Ride 100 miles a day, 2016 RGU.

Have the Mustang Super Touring One-Piece Vintage Seat with the backrest. Could not be happier. The seat is firm (stock seat always seemed mushy) , but wide enough to comfortably sit in. It also moves you a back a bit and sits you a touch lower. The backspacing makes it a little more comfortable, you might not need it as your legs are a touch shorter than mine.

You will need to get out the buffing compound as the stock seat scuffs the tank more than the Mustang Seat. The tip is a lot narrower than the stock seat. Should you want to get the tank bra to protect the tank more, get some Velcro to "stick" the bra to the tank better, otherwise it creeps back.

When you get it also pick up the rain cover. The only down side is the rain seems to get into the seat along the seams and you get damp along the seams..

Bryan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts