Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an SE Compensator kit to install in my 2013 that requires a plastic oil divertor tray to be glued to the inside of the primary drive cover. The install kit that includes the adhesive is only available to dealers. Which adhesive or sealant should I use to do this? It must adhere to both hard engineering plastic and chromed aluminum, must be oil resistant, and must withstand temperatures up to 250F. My first thought was Yamabond5, but I read somewhere that it is oil soluble. Any ideas ? ? ? ?

·
Registered
10,379 Posts
I have an SE Compensator kit to install in my 2013 that requires a plastic oil divertor tray to be glued to the inside of the primary drive cover. The install kit that includes the adhesive is only available to dealers. Which adhesive or sealant should I use to do this? It must adhere to both hard engineering plastic and chromed aluminum, must be oil resistant, and must withstand temperatures up to 250F. My first thought was Yamabond5, but I read somewhere that it is oil soluble. Any ideas ? ? ? ?
Somebody mentioned the product before and where to buy. This was when the mod first came out. Hopefully they will see this and post again.

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
I would just get the right adhesive and then you won't have any worries because the job is done right.
See if anyone else in your area has done the new Compensator upgrade and has extra adhesive that you can use.

·
Registered
456 Posts
You can also buy it from harley, they do sell it. You will need the caulking gun adapter to use it.

Or, you can take the primary cover (cleaned up) along with the oil divertor to the harley service dept. and ask them if they will glue it up. It'll likely cost less than buying the adhesive and gun kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.