Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well winter is here in Wisconsin and its time to spend some Harley bucks. Working on finishing Stage 1 upgrade on my '13 FLTRU that now has about 16k miles on it.

"The List"
SE Street Cannons Slip-Ons (installed last season)
SE Chisel Air Cleaner (just purchased)
Head Pipe - Fuel Moto Jackpot or Vance & Hines Power Duals Header Pipe?
Tuner - PowerVision (pending)

I've been reading quite a bit on this forum (great info) and have narrowed my choices down to using a Power Vision Tuner which I will probably purchase from Fuel Moto as they have been great to work with over the phone and will provide a good starting base map pre-loaded based on what I'm using on my bike for pipes, air, and slip-ons. May eventually dyno bike, but probably not right away as I want to see how it runs without.

Now for the head pipe. I'm torn between the Fuel Moto Jackpot stainless head pipe or the Vance and Hines Power Dual head pipe. Also would like to know if the V&H is a stainless pipe like the Jackpot. I like the looks of the V&H Power Dual Header and they come with new exhaust shields where as the Jackpot retains the original HD shields. From what see, pricing is about the same. I know many on this forum have used both options but curious on what you thoughts were when you compared the pros and cons of both.

I'm looking forward to what you guys have to say!

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
While Jackpot is a Fuel Moto brand we also sell the V&H PowerDuals as well and are one of the largest V&H dealers in the country. They are both great pipes however they are pretty different. Our Jackpot head pipes are constructed completely from 304 stainless while the V&H is mild steel. Jackpot head pipes carry a Lifetime Warranty, V&H offers a 90 day warranty. Our pipe also has both 12mm and 18mm bungs which will support factory and aftermarket wideband sensors and we include plugs for them as well. The main difference performance wise in the collector, the Jackpot pipe uses a true merge collector, our pipes are completely CNC formed which not only will flow better as there are less joints and welds, but it allows us to use less sections of material instead of many more sections welded together. The V&H pipe uses a collector which is actually 2 pieces of sheet metal which are stamped and are welded around the outside. Overall the V&H PowerDual is a pretty good pipe for the money considering it comes with heat shields and performs as advertised, we sell them and use them quite often. Cant go wrong either way.

Jackpot true merge collector

V&H PowerDuals collector

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thumbs up on the Jackpot head pipe. I have the Jackpot XXX head pipe. It seems to work really good with my set up. A quality pipe that Fuel Moto will stand behind.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I have been running the V&H Power Duals for 3 years now and put over 37K miles on them. I've only had one problem with them and I was able to correct that easily enough.

As Fuel Moto stated, the X-pipe crossover is stamped metal. I had a blow out on the crossover.

I was able to close it up by using a torch and some brazing wire. I didn't even have to take them off the bike.

Don't get me wrong, I have been very happy with the V&H Power Duals. I just wanted to give you an honest view on them.

I can't really speak to the quality of the FuelMoto pipes, I have not used them, but based on the design I see pictured above, I doubt that would have happened on the Fuel Moto pipes.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The V&H PowerDuals were on the '09 SERG when I got it. I like the looks, no issues (30k+ miles), Tunes well (117").

If I were to purchase pipes myself, I would go with the Jackpot Pipe. I like the stainless construction and the dual O2 bungs.

From my personal experience, FuelMoto has much better customer service than V&H.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have the Fuel Moto Jackpot header (ceramic coated) on my 2012 for about 2 years now and no regrets here. good heat reduction, much improved sound and good fitting pipe. stainless is always a big plus. Bought the power vision from Fuel Moto at the same time and Jamie's map was spot on. I like their products and customer support.

·
Registered
192 Posts
25,000 miles on my JackPots no complaints and all my questions answered quick as hell both before and after purchase.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have the Jackpot. I'm totally satisfied.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have the ceramic coated SS Jackpot header. Only had it for a couple months, but been thoroughly impressed. Also bought the PV from fuel moto. Their customer service has blown me away. (in a good way)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jamie,
Thanks for the explanation and photos showing the difference. I know I've talked to you at Fuel Moto already a while back as well as Bob. Judging by my experience so far with Fuel Moto and by what all of the guys have said about your company, both on this thread, Roadglide.org, and on many other web sites, you've got my business moving forward.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
FM jackpot header here also. It is a great piece of equipment. Fit perfectly. The dual bung setup is sweet and it is awesome that they include bung plugs also. The Jackpot header is noticeably lighter than the stock header.

I purchased the header, PC5 with auto tuner & I have it hooked up to a set of CFR pipes. I got a base map from FM. It is fairly good for my setup however it runs pretty lean in the 2-3500rpm range and I get a ping when hitting WOT(like to pass) that the auto tune doesn't seem to wanna smooth out. Not a problem with FM. I have had great service with them.

I'm gonna have it tuned here soon as I'm not overly impressed with the auto tune.

I would look into getting the full sized crossover pipe also as I don't like the setup with the crunched stock crossover pipe.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
492 Posts
While Jackpot is a Fuel Moto brand we also sell the V&H PowerDuals as well and are one of the largest V&H dealers in the country. They are both great pipes however they are pretty different. Our Jackpot head pipes are constructed completely from 304 stainless while the V&H is mild steel. Jackpot head pipes carry a Lifetime Warranty, V&H offers a 90 day warranty. Our pipe also has both 12mm and 18mm bungs which will support factory and aftermarket wideband sensors and we include plugs for them as well. The main difference performance wise in the collector, the Jackpot pipe uses a true merge collector, our pipes are completely CNC formed which not only will flow better as there are less joints and welds, but it allows us to use less sections of material instead of many more sections welded together. The V&H pipe uses a collector which is actually 2 pieces of sheet metal which are stamped and are welded around the outside. Overall the V&H PowerDual is a pretty good pipe for the money considering it comes with heat shields and performs as advertised, we sell them and use them quite often. Cant go wrong either way.

Jackpot true merge collector

V&H PowerDuals collector

Hi there Jamie. I tried to PM you but it said you don't allow it. I have a stock 22013 fltrx with v & h monster oval pipes. No other performance mods. I am not impressed with the pipes but I'm interested in having them breathe better. Could you give me a price on a tuner and headers? Do I need to upgrade my air cleaner as well? I just read the thread about the headers. I am a greenhorn when it comes to performance.
Thanks in advance.

DJ Terry Moran

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FM jackpot header here also. It is a great piece of equipment. Fit perfectly. The dual bung setup is sweet and it is awesome that they include bung plugs also. The Jackpot header is noticeably lighter than the stock header.

I purchased the header, PC5 with auto tuner & I have it hooked up to a set of CFR pipes. I got a base map from FM. It is fairly good for my setup however it runs pretty lean in the 2-3500rpm range and I get a ping when hitting WOT(like to pass) that the auto tune doesn't seem to wanna smooth out. Not a problem with FM. I have had great service with them.

I'm gonna have it tuned here soon as I'm not overly impressed with the auto tune.

I would look into getting the full sized crossover pipe also as I don't like the setup with the crunched stock crossover pipe.

I asked Bob at Fuel Moto about the full size Jackpot crossover and if it was worthwhile on a Stage 1. He said it is recommended for bikes putting out 120hp or more to really get any benefit from it.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Def fuel moto X-pipe, nothing against power duals but there a heavy system and the scrap on hard cornering where the fuel moto pipe does not, just my 2 cents.:eek:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Jackpot SS ceramic coated headpipe is one of the best things I've done to the bike. I recommend the full size crossover as well. The mount seems a lot stronger and it keeps the right slip on straight and level. I could never get the OEM crossover to keep the slip on level on the right side.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

'Am running the PC-V / Auto on the 117 and am very happy with it! Perfect manners everywhere. If you haven't done it already, I suggest plugging your laptop into the PC-V, getting familiar with it, and accepting the trims. If that doesn't cure the ping, then call FuelMoto and ask for suggestions to change the AFR Targets. It's really not that complicated, and a lot cheaper than a Dyno Tune... There are plenty of diy videos on utube and the DynoJet website to get you started.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Def fuel moto X-pipe, nothing against power duals but there a heavy system and the scrap on hard cornering where the fuel moto pipe does not, just my 2 cents.:eek:
I may have to look into these when my V&H finally die. I don't care for the scraping either, but so far it's just the heat shield. I've repainted that more than a few times. I thought it was just me trying to dive a little deep in the corners. I've been known to scrape the lowest part of any bike I've ever owned, be that the pipes, the pegs, the frame or floorboards. :eek:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I ran the Fuel Moto stainless 2-1-2 on my Custom for right around 5000 miles. I took it off for a different type of build, but I was happy the second I installed it on the stock engine and with a cam change.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guys,
Thanks for all the feedback. I visited Jamie and Bob at Fuel Moto the other day and picked up the Jackpot 2-1-2 header pipe, the Jackpot full size crossover (the crunched down Harley crossover looks ridiculous even though that is all that is needed with a Stage 1 motor) along with a Dynojet Power Vision tuner. Jamie downloaded the map on the spot into the Power Vision tuner. Great bunch of guys working over there, also got to see their shop. Can't go wrong with them as they all really seem to enjoy what they do over there.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Another happy Jackpot/FM customer. They stand solidly behind their product, and the tech support is great! The welds on the headers are a work of art. It pains me to cover them up with heat shields. Don't know of many other, if any, header manufacture's that offer a lifetime warrantee.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 23 Posts