Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need honest opinions on what is the best upgrade for the 2 speakers and an amp for my 2015 RG with the 4.3" stereo.

J&M Rocker XX Extreme RXEK 330SP2 - 15RG
Or
SoundZ Customz Level 4 with Focal EC165K speakers with Arc Audio
KS125.2 2 channel amp.

They are both about the same price and I want to install one of the kits while I am in Daytona this week. I want the best unit for the money out of these two.

Anyone with experience with either unit would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Skull

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
From what I've heard the components in the Soundz Customz are way better than J&M's stuff. You could also consider a Biketronics kit for less than those two and they give an additional forum member discount. And also better components than J&Ms from what I've found. I am looking into audio currently myself. I plan to go with either the Biketronics amp and Arc Audio Moto 602 speakers, or the total Arc Audio Moto package. Focal are really good from what I hear too.

*Edited the link*

http://www.biketronics.com/2015-and-up-rg-bt2180-amp-speaker-package/

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have done a bunch of research on this myself over the last week. I just ordered the BT kit for the 2015 RG and can't wait to get it. For me it was a toss up between the Arc Audio Moto package and the BT. BT was a few hundred less and from what I have read has outstanding customer service and a unbeatable warranty. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Take a look at this You Tube video comparison. Law Abiding Biker is a good site for videos on HD Touring bike stuff. I have the J&M Rokker XX 2 speaker set up and AMP. The sound is great and plenty of power. I would, however, buy from a local dealer. I bought direct from J&M and the first AMP was defective. Took a while and some frustration to diagnose and get it switched out. A local dealer would have been easier to deal with. I installed myself in a couple of hours. All Plug and Play.

http://youtu.be/wk61kA7RXpA

·
Registered
590 Posts
Soundz have better components way better! J&m speakers look like refrigerator magnets! The funny thing is he will look you in the eye and tell you his peakers is better than a focal.

·
Registered
758 Posts
J&M Rocker XX Extreme RXEK 330SP2 - 15RG
Or
SoundZ Customz Level 4 with Focal EC165K speakers with Arc Audio
KS125.2 2 channel amp.
Not even close between these 2. Do not drink the JM koolaid. As others have mentioned there are also other systems for less money that will sound way better than the JM and hold their own with the Focals, but it sounds like you want to do the install at Daytona. If I had a dollar for every person that fell for the JM hype and pulled their system out a few months later I could retire to Florida and open my own shop doing installs for their new cheaper/better sounding systems.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Go Soundz.... I have the Level IV.... There is no comparison for quality and clarity vs J&M

OH!!! upgrade to the MOTO 600.4 amp right from the jump... TRUST ME!!!!! you will be disappointed with the 125.2 I installed this in a 14SGS for a close friend... after a month... he upgraded to the 600.4 with just the 2 front faring speakers ( Focal 165KRC's ) and it was a DRASTIC improvement over the 125.2. And it set him up for his second set of speakers in the lids I put in for him last month

( NOTE ) The NEW Level IV system now comes with the NEW Focal EC165K's ( this Level IV has the upgraded 600.4 and 157-2's for lids )

Here ya go... my Level IV.....this should convince you.... When you see Peter in Daytona... tell 'em SPAZZ from Reno said hello ( I got two Level IV systems from him already )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r_8HAmHOII

·
Registered
408 Posts
the problem with bikes is they can sound FANTASTIC sitting in the parking lot but get them out on the road and it's a different story.

I LOVE the Moto 602's but they need a LOT of power to get loud. Loud and clear is what you need on a bike.

IMO the Focal's are the ones that tick all the boxes, they are clear and loud and you can hear them hit.

The Moto 602's I like better but for practical use, they just need way to much power to match sound level of the others. I was running 200w through a bridged TM400x4 to them and they sounded FANTASTIC! Trouble is that's a ton of power for just 1 set of speakers. I can run 4 Focal's off that.

BT4180 and Moto's is an option but you can't tune that amp :/ that killed it for me.

If you're only doing amp and 2 speakers, Rockford Fosgate TM400x2 and Moto 602's with a Biketronics Line Leveler will make you happy if you like a little more bass.

Focal KRC 165's if you can find some (last years model, replaced with the EC 165 K's Spazz posted) and you have more choices for amps, anything that's 150w will make those Focal's scream. Rode with a buddy this weekend, he has KRC's in the fairing, KR2's in the lids (yeah 6.5's in lids) ans Moto 692's in his bags and that system is awesome on the road! I lost my sound for a bit (bad connection) and was listening to his for about 30 miles lol

Just remember the Line Leveler, trust me is the easiest, most cost effective way to get the Rushmore head units to sound good with aftermarket amps.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Hope the 4180's 180w per channel will drive 2 sets of 602s well enough for my liking. That's what I'm planning on running once I get my new 21" wheel and suspension upgraded. >:)

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
Certainly plenty of advice here to go around ,,,,,,,,

but it just so happens that Soundz is right next to the BIG J&M Audio trailer here at Daytona Bike Week 75 ,,,,,,,

so for those of you who would like the REAL Skinny ,,,,, you can come by the BIG J&M Audio Demo trailer, listen to the J&M ROKKER demo bikes and go right next door and listen to the Soundz/Focal stuff,,,,, (50 feet apart)) ((exit 273 off of I-95))

then make up your own mind instead of having to listen to someone else's opinion ,,,,,,

·
Registered
967 Posts
When it come to sound it all objective to persons likes and music taste. Many good reliable equipment to chose for all budgets.
Listening to a stationary bike don't going to help.
Good luck on your what ever you chose.
Take a look on the used market and ask you why they are removing a operating system for another one.
Best improvement start by removing the HD HK on 2013 and older bikes.
IMO.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have Moto 602 in my fairing and 692s in my lids powered by bx 125.2 running at 2 ohms and the bike is loud and amazing. ive been in to mobile audio since 1986.Full volume on my sony head unit is 50 at about 40 is where i listen when riding with no distortion I can go higher distortion free but it gets too loud... words that i have never said befeore>:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts